Forum gone down hill

Guest indie-rocknroll

Just thinking back to the good old days, I remember coming into the office and This forum being the first thing you checked your messages on (or maybe it was just me), loads of fun, loads of chat about music, festivasl, friends, Newbies, where to camp, the arguments over announcements.

Who was planning on shaggin who, who did and who still are.

Especially in the 2007/2008 days, It is the only site that I have genuinally met some really good friend who I will always stay in contact with, the Buzz after the anouncement, all through the Summer and the bitching, joking, where has everyone gone??

This forum got me excited, now I see 2 posts today and non yesterday, what is happening :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shud go on the hylands forum lol, its the same! ive posted loads of new topics but noone really replys, i got like 102 views and 1 reply on one post grrrrr! We should make our own one up lol then i would post all day whilst at work !! :P

There's not even any moaners. It usually goes quiet after the initial come down weeks after the event and then gets busier after the announcement but nothing, there was not even the crazy rush once everyone had been announced, just most people saying yes that is good.

Where are all the Leeds fans telling us that Leeds is fantastic and V is shit??

I think the loyal crowd are still about, moaning on their return and about prices and the lineup and then year on year we all return.

Thew Newbies are all soooo quiet as well, where's the excitmenet gone kids?? Come on ha ha

Its probably down to that fact that nothing new is being posted, I see the same posts this year as I have for the last few years so dont bother replying. I only come on now to check wether there has been a new band announced and thats not happening much at the mo either!

I think the whole forum gone downhill, could be that festivals is not a love and obsession for many people but more like an accessory to do list.

but totaly agree cant believe how quiet the forums are, it feels like november.

but the glasto/r&l forums are the busiest.

I Haven't logged on for weeks now... this time last year and the year before i was checking the site every hour on the hour!!

Hey indie, is there plans for a meet again this year?

To be honest it is dead, but theres a few threads get started up, theres been quite a lot of self confirms Ive posted up and no-one replies, so you've come on here moaning no one is posting but then none of you are replying to the ones that are there anyway, so pot kettle black really.

Apart from mr time that is.

Seriously though i was shocked how little the news of Air playing got, also when eels self confirmed, dead. Then there was Jaguar Skills who a lot of people seemed to rave about in the past, dead. Greco Roman which is a hot chip love child, dead. Crystal Fighters another quality addition dead.

Dead, dead, dead.

On the R&L forum no matter who self confirms they get a good thread flowing about it. on the V forum, no-one cares whatsoever, and then people moan when V book shit, wheres the love for the great acts being booked?

and yeah it probably is facebooks fault but Reading and Leeds don't suffer for it

I don't know what it used to be like on here but I don't mind it at the moment. Well more the Leeds forum then this one. On the Leeds forum there are always a couple of spats where on this one well there's just not.

Let's start a fight.

Indierocknrolla you're a slut.

(You're not really)

To be honest it is dead, but theres a few threads get started up, theres been quite a lot of self confirms Ive posted up and no-one replies, so you've come on here moaning no one is posting but then none of you are replying to the ones that are there anyway, so pot kettle black really.

Apart from mr time that is.

Seriously though i was shocked how little the news of Air playing got, also when eels self confirmed, dead. Then there was Jaguar Skills who a lot of people seemed to rave about in the past, dead. Greco Roman which is a hot chip love child, dead. Crystal Fighters another quality addition dead.

Dead, dead, dead.

On the R&L forum no matter who self confirms they get a good thread flowing about it. on the V forum, no-one cares whatsoever, and then people moan when V book shit, wheres the love for the great acts being booked?

and yeah it probably is facebooks fault but Reading and Leeds don't suffer for it

i have noticed the same has happened on car forums i go on, in the last 6 - 12 months they have gone a bit dead and lost alot of the personality.

but i see the same group of people from certain forums, chatting away on FB so yes that is partly to blame.

also i think the increase in the amount of trolls, spammers and keyboard warriors on forums is making normal people use them less. and i think people are getting more shy online.

lurking is the new post whoring!

i get more stress/negatives from other forums that i use, than what i get enjoyment or helpful info!

For me its the fact am doing 4 festivals so am on Hard Rock Calling, Hop Farm, Download and V forums... so spread pretty thin.

Also with so much of the line-up known for V I think we are all still speechless that it actually looks really varied and cool.

Oh and the fact we have some sun at the minute could have something to do with it!

Hey Percy, long time no hear Big man :P

Good that we are all chatting again..

God Staffs you are putting yourself about abit this year arnt you (Green Eyed monster over this direction) Once my daughter is a little bit older I will start hammering the circuit again and yes keeping up with lots of forums plus Facebook can be a little challenging, God if I did not work and come into the office I would never get any of this donw.

Hey Percy, long time no hear Big man :P

Good that we are all chatting again..

God Staffs you are putting yourself about abit this year arnt you (Green Eyed monster over this direction) Once my daughter is a little bit older I will start hammering the circuit again and yes keeping up with lots of forums plus Facebook can be a little challenging, God if I did not work and come into the office I would never get any of this donw.

Oh matron... /Kenneth William voice

I am a festival whore this year as there are just so many legends touring and being single again I can do all the tours without hearing how we could be in Sharm el Sheikh instead...

Anyway it'll no doubt all be on my Facebook for you to enjoy too!

"FREE SEXY AND SINGLE FESTIVAL WHORE LOOKING FOR TENT ACTION, LOOKING FOR LIKE MINDED FESTIVAL WHORE WHO LOOKS GOOD IN WELLIES AND HAS A GOOD SUPPLY OF BABY WIPES AND FEMME FRESH"
Edited by staffsknot

Classy :P

I think with that add I'd have five blokes looking disappointed staring around at the carnations we were all carrying (I'd be especially worried as my hairs getting a bit long too).

Being single never bothers me, I get to do what I want without compromise and I wouldn't have just been to Lake Garda and all over the place.