Hecks Cider Farm - Street

Guest ben dover

We popped into Hecks Cider Farm in Street before last year and managed to get 5 litres of local Perry for the price of 3 pints at Brothers. In my opinion it tastes better n'all.

Took a sink tub with us and filled it up with water for the first couple of days. Kept it nice and cool :P

They have award winning varieties of cider as well.

This is only handy if you are coming from the west!?

nice idea weve got the burly cider farm this way top of the range cider will pop in there before we leave .dont think they do a pear cider though,mind you there rough is a killer :P:P

Heck's cider is wonderful. They have massive barrels filled with the stuff and draw direct from the barrels straight to your container.

Pretty powerful stuff but nothing like as strong as the cider from local farms.

Edited by Ommadawn

JUST REMEMBER TO PACK THE IMODIUM!

The phrase 'I have been Hecks'ed' is not a joke!

Bloody amazing drink in every way but not what it does to your insides. :P

It truly is the most evil for bowel busting in a voluntarily consuming a delicious drink that will give you chronic IBS kind of way. I thought you needed to eat a hearty meal first before consuming that stuff...I have since discovered...this makes NO difference whatsoever.

One of our party thought she had chronic food poisoning from some Tesco Sushi bought the day before Glasto and we visited the cider house and purchased the kegs, I had to inform her the day after, it was the Hecks. :P

Although I love it so very much, I do have to plan my day and night around it if consuming even just one pint.

And yet it tastes like pear juice...no alcohol involved! :P