Foals...?

Guest Ali___

Does it seem a bit odd to anyone else the slot they've been given this year? I would have thought them and Editors would have been the other way round, and I have a feeling they're going to draw a massive crowd...

Personally I think Editors are the much bigger band. Even though I quite like them and that they're really nice guys (got to interview them a little while back, they sorted us out with loads of free tickets and stuff, defintely a good way to win over some poor students) I'll be watching Foals over them. Haven't seen Foals in ages and I loved the first album. Yet to hear the new one but I've got very high hopes. Also Foals sort of struggled on the Other Stage last time so I'm glad they're in the tent this time round

amongst fans and followers of guitar music like this it's probably fair to say that foals are the better and more well supported band and will be favoured, certainly by me.

however, to your average radio 1 listened it'll be editors all the way, foals haven't had commercial success in the same way.

can't wait for foals though, my girlfriend saw them in liverpool and said they were incredible

Foals are nowhere near as popular or big as Editors. Seen Editors 11 times & seen Foals 2, Foals are not a very good live band in my opinion. Editors set on The Other Stage in 07 was 1 of the best gigs i've ever seen, only topped by Arcade Fire that year for me but as i said, only my opinion.

I'm a big fan of both these bands but I don't think there's any dispute that Editors are 'bigger' in the traditional sense and will draw a bigger crowd and also that their songs and music suit their respective slots very well.

Foals will be superb in the tent and will be my priority but don't think swapping them around would work at all.

i can't stand plan b personally. his voice lacks all of the necessary power or 'oomph' to sing the type of soul-laced songs he does. and he covers this up with rap. in a completely different voice to the one he sings in.

good arrangements, but his delivery is infuriating.

just a minor rant there, don't mind me :P

i can't stand plan b personally. his voice lacks all of the necessary power or 'oomph' to sing the type of soul-laced songs he does. and he covers this up with rap. in a completely different voice to the one he sings in.

good arrangements, but his delivery is infuriating.

just a minor rant there, don't mind me :P

editors will definitely get the bigger crowd. Papillon was being played a lot, and isn't their best song by some margin.

by oomph i mean he completely sings in his head voice the whole way through his current single. its tinny and squeaky and has no body behind it. not for me.

editors will definitely get the bigger crowd. Papillon was being played a lot, and isn't their best song by some margin.

by oomph i mean he completely sings in his head voice the whole way through his current single. its tinny and squeaky and has no body behind it. not for me.

Would really like to see both, as I like both their latest albums and most of their previous stuff. Listened to Foals 'Antidotes' to death since its release: LOVE IT!

Seen Editors about eight times over the years. Never managed to catch Foals so I will be catching them at Glasto 2010.

Quite a simple choice for me, really. :P

I think the question for me is not why are they clashing with Editors. It's why did they get pushed down the billing behind The Xxwho I'm sure won't draw as bigger crowd?

This ^^^

I'm a massive fan of both bands. And I saw Editors years ago when they were just starting out, and back then they were a tiny band, but they shot to fame pretty damn quickly. Their songs are so much more anthemic than Foals, and are in a league of their own. Tom Smith owns the stage at a festival, and to be honest puts Foals to shame... Last time they played Glastonbury the crowd to see them was HUGE.

Nothing against Foals, as I said I'm a very big fan. But they don't deserve to be higher up the billing than Editors not by a long shot..