Peter Hook performing Unknown Pleasures @ Benicassim

Guest 1stGlasto'09

you reckon? I don't really like the idea of Hooky doing al this retro bollocks. It's not what Joy Division were about. Thy were many many things, not all of them good, but most of all they weren't a nostalgic tribute act playing the music of 30 years before.

I can understand Hooky trying to make a few quid, but I'm sure Curtis is spinning in his grave

http://fiberfib.com/en/news/peter-hook-per...bells-and-more/

Any chance for Glasto? I sure damn hope so, I am going to ask him when he comes to Cardiff on Sunday. Playing Unknown Pleasures in its entirety would be special!

The whole point of Factory and Joy Division was to wipe the slate clean, to celebrate the here and now, to be relevant contemporary and most of all to not rely on past glories. That's what made it so thrilling, vital and extraordinary.

Not this. Make sure you buy your Joy Division Oven Gloves on the way out. It's what Curtis would have wanted.

I agree with Mardy.

Some people my old flat mate become mates with are obsessed with Joy Division, The Cure, The Smiths et all. It's all they listen to. They even started a club night where they refuse to play music from the last ten years.

I just think, isn't this the antithesis of what those bands were about?

I don't mind bands reforming, but this is something different. I think there comes a time where you have to accept the time you live in. Embrace the past for sure, but it's just that. The past.

Let's dance to Joy Division and celebrate the irony.....

It does seem a bit hypocritical, seeing as he left New Order and insisted they were finished, even going as far as court to stop Bernard carrying the band on with a new bassist.

I went to see him last week doing his retrospective show where he talked about the history of his career and all that jazz and it was a really good night, but he is an arrogant bloke who is obviously flaunting the fact that he owns the lot, FAC, Hacienda, Joy Division and New Order. It's a big shame that it ended this way :P

Let's dance to Joy Division and celebrate the irony.....

It does seem a bit hypocritical, seeing as he left New Order and insisted they were finished, even going as far as court to stop Bernard carrying the band on with a new bassist.

I went to see him last week doing his retrospective show where he talked about the history of his career and all that jazz and it was a really good night, but he is an arrogant bloke who is obviously flaunting the fact that he owns the lot, FAC, Hacienda, Joy Division and New Order. It's a big shame that it ended this way :P

This is something I really really do not want to see. Its such a bad idea, in the sense that, its very clearly such a bad idea.

Its a fantastic record, and the idea of it being wheeled out by that fat, arrogant, money-grabbing twat repulses me. Even if he is a great bassist.

Theres a New Order track with Hookys vocals on, and let me tell you, its shite.

The majority of posters on here will be pleased to here that he will not be bringing Unknown Pleasures to this years Glastonbury. His answer to my question was down to money, as all he was offered was tickets to the festival rather than the big bucks. In all a good night was had though, looks like I am going to have to look out for a good tribute act to here the illustrious 'Unknown Pleasures' tracks. He also discussed the impending memorial gig @ FAC251 on May 18th and how he has received flack for the staging of this gig, which was the obvious impression from the majority on this post. I for one would like to go to that gig but damn exams prohibit me, at least someone from the original line-up of Joy Division is commemorating the loss of the late, great Ian Curtis even though it is money orientated which it would have to be because many people have been affected by the back story (tragedy) of the band.

while agree with many of the sentiments posted above about some of Peter Hook's current activities, i can also understand him trying to make a few quid out of things he was involved with. his money was spent, often without his knowing (his naivity admittedly) to the benefit of Factory and perhaps more importantly, The Hacienda.

i'm someone from the north west who has enjoyed a lot thanks to all that, even though im only old enough to have caught the tail end of it, but the impact of it all buys you a few brownie points in my book.

i won't be going to either of the gigs though.