V Festival Are Big Bullies

Guest John Slater

They put the line up stage times up in the welfare tent duda

Last paragraph

http://www.vfestival.com/v-info/facilities-at-v

says

''Stage running times are available at the Welfare Tent and information points, they are also available to purchase with the programme or the souvenir running times. These are available from the merchandise stands or the official roaming sellers.''

Cheers for the support guys. I'm sure something can be worked out. Not every attending V Festival is going to have the knowledge to go and source out a free timetable from one of many websites so V shouldn't be scared.

I've published the article now and i would love it if you guys could share and get this spread, would be great if some big news outlet picked it up and told the rest of the world what the bigger boys do to get rid of little threats.

Having to pay to find out what time everyone plays was one of a number of reasons why I ditched V back in 2006 and looked for an alternative. As much as I enjoyed watching the bands, it was just one huge money making exercise. I felt the organiers were taking the piss charging for anything they could think of and in return they provided the bear minimum facilites and amenities for their customers (of which there were far too many for the size of the arena at Chelmsford).

I'm off to Pukkelpop in Belgium this summer for the fourth year in a row and they have a very different approach to customer service and satisfaction. Festival tickets include free return bus and train travel from anywhere in Belgium as well as camping (tickets are about £125 each this year for three days plus access to a preparty with DJs the night before). Set times are published on the official website anything upto a month before it starts and you also get a free booklet when you enter the arena containing all the set times and other info. There's loads of screens around the site that show updates on any changes to the line up as well as reminders about who is playing where next. Like V, they also operate a tokens system for food and drink but there's loads of kiosks around the site so you rarely have to queue and when you do it's never for more than a minute or two, either to get the tokens or the food and drink itself. Toilets are cleaned a couple of times a day and they have stands at the entrance to each block giving out free loo roll. There's a large canopy at the back of the Main Stage covering loads of picnic tables where people can just chill out and have a sit down while watching the bands. Three of the eight stages have wooden floors and two of the others are circus style tents with tiered seating around the outside, much needed towards the end of the day when you're knackered! There's loads of other little things like this they do that I won't bore you all with by listing but in short, the organisers appreciate that the customer is the most important aspect of the festival and they do what they can to look after them.

If the V organisers had of made a bit more effort I most probably would have continued to go there but I don't suppose they're too concerned that they lost me and my friends as customers as it sells out without fail every year anyway.

Good luck with your app John, I hope it's a success inspite of the efforts of the money grabbing, bullying b******* at V. However it really doesn't surprise me they've behaved in this way and in many respects epitomises much of what is wrong with the organisation of this festival.

All sounds pretty scary, but I really can't see that V have a leg to stand on if you published the stage times for an app.

I'm currently putting an app together that will have a clash finder. With the wonders of technology I will be able to produce and application to run on Android phones and any others that will be supporting AIR applications by the time V comes round. No iPhone but John's sorted that out for you.

As I am going to V this year I will publish the actual times on the Friday night hopefully so that everyone who has the app will be able to get an update for when it all starts. As android development is open and free, I should be able to offer the app for free. I may even as Coca-Cola or British Airways if they would like to advertise on it....

All sounds pretty scary, but I really can't see that V have a leg to stand on if you published the stage times for an app.

I'm currently putting an app together that will have a clash finder. With the wonders of technology I will be able to produce and application to run on Android phones and any others that will be supporting AIR applications by the time V comes round. No iPhone but John's sorted that out for you.

As I am going to V this year I will publish the actual times on the Friday night hopefully so that everyone who has the app will be able to get an update for when it all starts. As android development is open and free, I should be able to offer the app for free. I may even as Coca-Cola or British Airways if they would like to advertise on it....

Can't really understand how anyone apart from the organisers would know the order and stage times anyway. Apart from headliners who are on last anyway. We just tend to drift around the stages and head off to see whichever headliner we want around 9.00pm

Can't really understand how anyone apart from the organisers would know the order and stage times anyway. Apart from headliners who are on last anyway. We just tend to drift around the stages and head off to see whichever headliner we want around 9.00pm

• 1 month later...

So V fest/Nokia have come up with their own app, that doesn't even run on all Nokias. Stupid stupid stupid.

They had an app a couple of years ago that was java and could run on pretty much any mobile -> lots of happy punters better able to enjoy fest.

Now, the only happy people are the handful of customers that have the exact Nokia models that run the app, and of course Nokia themselves.

Needless to say, I won't be buying their overpriced programme either.

• 2 weeks later...