Latitude...

Guest DragKnuckles

As per Simon Taffe's interview recently:

"We didn't think that Latitude was much of a threat because it was three months away from us, but now it's doing exclusives that far ahead in the season. There's bands that we could have got that now we can't get, so that's a bit of a shame" (Link)

Does this mean that ALL of the following "EotR" type bands will definitely not be at our little fest this year?

• Belle & Sebastian

• Rodrigo Y Gabriela

• The National

• Grizzly Bear

• Richard Hawley

• Jonsi

• Archie Bronson Outfit

• Midlake

• Lupen Crook

• Noah and the Whale

• Etc Etc Etc

Can't believe that the lower billing will also have exclusivity...surely not? I have done a search on some of them above and it seems that they are only (at this stage) playing Latitude + overseas. I for one would have welcomed at least 3 of the above with open arms to EotR! :P

Edited by DragKnuckles

The EOTR lineup as it stands at the moment is enough for me. The fact there are still several announcements to be made just adds to the excitement.

I would love to go to Latitude aswell, but fear I will have to settle for EOTR and Glastonbury. Shame :P.

Oh, and free Rage against the machine tickets. Bring on the summer.

I'm hoping to get to Latitude, EotR AND Green Man. But that depends on some kind people letting me into a couple of them for free... EotR is paid for though - forum camp, here I come again!

Can't say no to Flaming Lips, Joanna Newsom and Beirut, right?

But yes, Latitude looks amazing this year (not that is wasn't that way the last couple of times). My hope is for The National to headline EotR. And Tom Waits, of course...

Edited by fogged

Yesterday's Greenman announcement really caught my attention and i haven't seen any other line up to rival it yet http://www.greenman.net/lineup/2010 beirut, flaming lips, joanna newsom, f**k buttons and loads of other announced yesterday. i'm loving the mix they've been going for the past couple of years.

think i'll try and get to glasto and gm and eotr if poss

Meh, none of the latest additions catch my attention as something I'd want to see at EOTR so I'm personally not worried about exclusivity deals or bands not sticking around until September. So many great bands that we could still get as well - line-up's already amazing as it is and it'll get even better. Next announcement tomorrow possibly?

• 2 months later...