abandoned cars

Guest Chazeboy

I was thinking about this the other night and was wondering im sure ive read on here people just thought f**k it, lets just leave the car here and walk.

so my questions are

1)Were you one of these people

&

2) Once you were settled, i.e. tent up, did you go back and move your car into the car park etc, or was it "fingers crossed itll still be there on monday morning"

Just wondering, we were lucky last year got in pretty quick, but i know from loads of you that wanted to do the football couldnt make it because of the accidents and problems in the surrounding area, and just wanted ot know your circumstances.

Cheers

We were stuck in traffic just off the M5 from 10am. After 5 hours of waiting we decided to press alternative route on our Sat nav. Amazingly by taking us through a series of the extremely winding backroads we killed the remaining 15 miles in just over half an hour. Considering we were probably averaging less than a mile an hour that was pretty good going.

• 1 month later...
We were stuck in traffic just off the M5 from 10am. After 5 hours of waiting we decided to press alternative route on our Sat nav. Amazingly by taking us through a series of the extremely winding backroads we killed the remaining 15 miles in just over half an hour. Considering we were probably averaging less than a mile an hour that was pretty good going.

There is. Last year I got dropped off at the showground on wed morning, in the slowest moving queue in the history of the planet, which I slowly shuffled around for 5 hours until some random bloke came up asking if anyone was on their own looking to get in as he had a space in his van.

He drove a crafty route that cut through side streets and seemed to be used only by locals (and him) and we made it from the showground to unloading in car park in about 10 mins. He was telling us it was his 9th glasto and he'd found this route some years back when heading offsite to grab more supplies.

I would tell you where the turning is, but then I'd have to kill you.

Last year we were stuck in terrible traffic near a turning and an old lady wound her window down and said 'follow me' :P

So off we went...down some back lanes and we got there loads quicker!! :P

We were having a real giggle whilst following her...saying Do you think she has kidnapped loads of festival goers with her ploy of a short-cut!! :P

last year was just ridiculous. As many on here, queued for 8hrs to get in and took about 13hrs in all to get to our camping spec from th North West. Don't know what they can do to improve really as it is just sheer volume. Perhaps opening the car parks Tues night will help water down the initial early bird gang?

I have often thought of looking for a sneaky route in but most of the back roads seem to be closed off and monitored by security.

Leaving on a Monday morning unless you go crack of dawn is also another delight!

Edited by Bluearsedfly

Last year we got fed up sitting on the M5 and after moving no more that 20 yards in an hour we figured it would be like this all the way to the site so decided to try the next junction down. As soon as we got past the queuing junction the motorway was almost dead so we got off at j24 I think and with some expert map reading by Bert we took the narrow back roads to really near the site, joined the queue on the A39 about half a mile from the car parks and got onsite after about 15 minutes. From leaving the queue on the motorway to getting parked up probably took about an hour so I think we missed a good few hours queuing by doing it.

I've never seen any abondoned cars though, just plenty of people who've left their dignity somewhere off-site!

I've got a bit of a problem with using the backroads. The locals are impacted pretty hard while the festivals are on and if everyone stat's using the backroads to get to the festival then the whole area is going to be gridlocked and the locals aren't going to be able to get around either. Plus, if all the roads get choaked up then emergency vehicles have no option either.

And don't forget, last year was particularly bad because there was an accident on the M5 which stuffed evrything up.

We got out for a break at the asda (i think) were the maccies is. Some lovely local showed us a back route we had been quiening for 8 hours at this point and was on site within half an hour. Wish we had found him a few hours earlier though.

I am defo taking an AtoZ of glasto this year. Sat Navs are for wimps :P

I've got a bit of a problem with using the backroads. The locals are impacted pretty hard while the festivals are on and if everyone stat's using the backroads to get to the festival then the whole area is going to be gridlocked and the locals aren't going to be able to get around either. Plus, if all the roads get choaked up then emergency vehicles have no option either.

And don't forget, last year was particularly bad because there was an accident on the M5 which stuffed evrything up.

Edited by Grimmy