Quechua Pop up Tents?

Guest Stephie10

Hey peeps,

Sorry if this has been posted before.....2010 will be my first Glastonbury and it's coming up to that time where I need to start thinking about what tent to buy. I've read in previous threads bad reviews about the Gelert pop-up tents, does anyone know if the Quechua tents are better? Also i'm kind of on a budget so is a double skin essential or will a single skin suffice??

There will be 2 of us girls either sharing a tent or (if the cheaper pop-ups are too small), maybe buying one for us to sleep in taking one for all our gear.... is this a good idea though? Is it more unsafe to have a tent just for our stuff? I would happily have a tent each but my frind is abit apprehensive about the whole festival thing so thinks she wants to share :P

xXx

Hi there

Last year a bought a Gelert Quick Pitch DS4 4 man Person.

quickpitchds4.jpg

Tent on ebay

I actually bought it from a local army surplus store for £40 so I would shop around.

It is a really good festival tent especially for 2 people and for one that lasts as long as glastonbury. I used it at glade last year where it rained for 3 days solid and everything stayed dry. You will have more than enough room to both share and have all your stuff in it too. You can also just about stand up in it. It is slightly more expensive but trust me its better than any other pop-up tent on the market as it is really solid and many of the smaller ones are very flimsey.

Edited by Mr Cake

Quechua tents are fantastic, and I've found them very easy to fold back up as well. Some of the competitors look a little complex in comparison (I watched the Eurohike Flame III video numerous times, but still don't quite understand how that folds back up).

Quechua also extensively test for water-proofness in their lab shower.

If you are after a pop-up, then you can't go wrong with a Quechua (Decathlon now do mail-order if you haven't got a store nearby).

Quechua have released a new tent for 2010, the Quechua Base 4.1. It includes standing height porch area with good ventilation, and great sized bedroom at the back.

zoom_asset_20006879.jpg

Edited by r0cky

My Quechua has been to a good few festivals in all weather conditions and it hasn't let a drop in. I'd go so far as to say that I love it. And it loves me. And that's the way it will always be.

Don't buy a bright orange one mind - it doesn't make for the best environment to wake up with a hangover in.

Great, thanks for your help guys!

I was just stuck as there's 2 of us, don't know if its best to put together for a larger more durable tent that will hold us and our stuff or get 2 cheaper ones so we will after the festival have one each.... :P

All the options do make it confusing!! I would rather just have us and our stuff together tho rather than in seperate tents!

A Man... good thinking, I would not like to wake up hungover in a bright orange tent lol!

Guest musiclove123

Yes don't get a two man-get a three man or 4. The 2 man pop up ones are TINY and you will be struggling to turn over! I plan to take one for my things-if I need to. It'll be as safe as the tent you sleep in-as long as you don't leave you money in there or expensive items

Edited by musiclove123

Hey peeps,

Sorry if this has been posted before.....2010 will be my first Glastonbury and it's coming up to that time where I need to start thinking about what tent to buy. I've read in previous threads bad reviews about the Gelert pop-up tents, does anyone know if the Quechua tents are better? Also i'm kind of on a budget so is a double skin essential or will a single skin suffice??

There will be 2 of us girls either sharing a tent or (if the cheaper pop-ups are too small), maybe buying one for us to sleep in taking one for all our gear.... is this a good idea though? Is it more unsafe to have a tent just for our stuff? I would happily have a tent each but my frind is abit apprehensive about the whole festival thing so thinks she wants to share :P

xXx

Quechua tents are fantastic, and I've found them very easy to fold back up as well. Some of the competitors look a little complex in comparison (I watched the Eurohike Flame III video numerous times, but still don't quite understand how that folds back up).

Quechua also extensively test for water-proofness in their lab shower.

If you are after a pop-up, then you can't go wrong with a Quechua (Decathlon now do mail-order if you haven't got a store nearby).

Quechua have released a new tent for 2010, the Quechua Base 4.1. It includes standing height porch area with good ventilation, and great sized bedroom at the back.

zoom_asset_20006879.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i have never been in a pop up tent before but i hear that the quechua ones are pretty good.. i stayed in paines ground last year and it was full of different sized and coloured quechua tents so i definately recommend them to a glasto newbie :P:P

I have a Eurohike pop up I think its called a flash II, been to several festies with me and never leaked in very heavy rain. only thing is it seems to be a tad bigger than most pop-ups when its flat. I think they have released an updatted version which may be smaller when packed.

I've used pop ups the last two festivals and they were great for me. Waterproof in the shit weather and obviously a piece of piss to put up.

Only problem is that most don't have a porch or separate compartment for your stuff. Tis okay normally but if it pisses down you've nowhere to put wet and muddy gear.

I've bitten the bullet this year and accepted i'm going to have to spend some time putting up my tent for the sake of comfort.