Paramore TBC!

Guest adamwilko

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would mind as much of this if it was the friday, followed by 2 stronger days. but its the fact that this is looking like the strong day makes me lol my pants.

Id go to see blink 182 day if weezer are announced, if not im off to download and primavera.

Only a Pixies apperence would save the weekend for me.

I think that there's always gonna be disagreements on the headliners, i personally didn't want radiohead last year, but hey it's leeds, there's always gonna be someone on worth watching.

Paramore straight up do not deserve to play second to last on any day. They might be good live but how are they gonna play a show good enough to pull a crowd the size like the ones that saw the prodigy, or tenacious d, or even kaiser chiefs? It just won't happen and if they are sub-headliners then it'll be a mistake.

And why MCR are even being considered to make an appearance, at any point, just beggars belief.

Ok to everyone who is moaning about paramore being as 'big' as tenacious D, QOTSA, Bloc party i'm gonna shut you up.

paramore are as 'big' as these bands, they have a 'big' fan base and have sold out 'big' venues.

Big dsent mean as good.

Bands like QOTSA have a sort of epicness to them, and i think we can all agree there better musically than paramore but their fan base isn't much bigger.

Most people know who paramore are, even the 'chavs' know who they are. where as the 'chavs' dont know who QOTSA

Sadly the music industry is a popularity contest and that is why paramore can be build at the same level as QOTSA.

ANYWAYS

personally i think they should be 3rd down.

also sorry lads but i doubt weezer will be a second headliner, their not very 'current' at the moment :P

I saw paramore on their last tour in brighton, they did play a good set and were really good but i didnt think they were particulary special, in all fairness hayly was completly white and looked rather ill (it was the 2nd last show so makes sense). i say this because i've seen footage of them live- and they looked better. Ethir way i think itll be interesting to see them this high, its quite a risk though, and it intrests me that Reading are taking soo many risks this year...

I think that there's always gonna be disagreements on the headliners, i personally didn't want radiohead last year, but hey it's leeds, there's always gonna be someone on worth watching.

Paramore straight up do not deserve to play second to last on any day. They might be good live but how are they gonna play a show good enough to pull a crowd the size like the ones that saw the prodigy, or tenacious d, or even kaiser chiefs? It just won't happen and if they are sub-headliners then it'll be a mistake.

And why MCR are even being considered to make an appearance, at any point, just beggars belief.

Atualy although MCR have fallen down because of the hole emo thing. ur looking at a band whos

headlined download

Had massive world wide sell out tours

had a platinum album

also both of there previous performences in 2006 & 2005 were herald as being very good.

I know MCR fans were f**k annoying, but emo is over now, there new albums gonna be completly differnt. also do listen to their second album, 3 cheers for sweet revenge, as its bloody fantastic.

Mixed feelings. Always wanted to see Blink, Lostprophets are my favorite band and I like Paramore, so I should be jizzing at that being the top 3 on one day (well obviously LPs isn't confirmed, but I have several strong reasons to believe they are playing on the Blink day, and im certain they wouldn't go lower than 3rd) but I can't help feeling it's a bit... I dunno... small.

Atualy although MCR have fallen down because of the hole emo thing. ur looking at a band whos

headlined download

Had massive world wide sell out tours

had a platinum album

also both of there previous performences in 2006 & 2005 were herald as being very good.

I know MCR fans were f**k annoying, but emo is over now, there new albums gonna be completly differnt. also do listen to their second album, 3 cheers for sweet revenge, as its bloody fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

TBC pretty much means yes there sure.

Unless anything changes late on there deffo gonna be there.

Add to the fact that they are according to efests, second headlining to blink they'd be crazy to throw that spor away. Sort of a view to possibly headline in the future.

Edited by kev1664

Its funny I started going to the festival ten years ago and remembered thinking that I would never grow out of it. Now I see paramore second on the bill and realise im completely out of touch! Not a criticism of a band just the realism that the target audience is now younger than me.