Who wants ELBOW to play?

Guest dingbat2

I have read Neil's comments about Elbow being unlikely to play this year. But he also mentioned they "could be convinced" if they either receivd a late offer or finished the album early. I feel it is our duty to convinvce them to play this year - the best ever Glasto pefformance I have experienced was their Queens Head gig in 2008

So please join with me with the petition...

"ELBOW - PLEEEEAAAAASE PLAY THIS YEAR!!!"

I think he meant convinced by the organisers!! :P

Would love to see them there as much as anyone, but que sera sera and all that.

Fingers crossed anyway.

why should they play this year when they'll be in line for a headline pyramid slot next year after releasing yet another wonderful album and playing a sellout tour in late 2010 to perfectly set them up for 2011.

I have read Neil's comments about Elbow being unlikely to play this year. But he also mentioned they "could be convinced" if they either receivd a late offer or finished the album early. I feel it is our duty to convinvce them to play this year - the best ever Glasto pefformance I have experienced was their Queens Head gig in 2008

So please join with me with the petition...

"ELBOW - PLEEEEAAAAASE PLAY THIS YEAR!!!"

Why are people such poor readers? I said no such thing.

I said that I'd heard (from what should be an excellent source) that they might accept a late booking *IF* they finish their album earlier than they think they will.

That's something completely different to what you claim above.

Why are people such poor readers? I said no such thing.

I said that I'd heard (from what should be an excellent source) that they might accept a late booking *IF* they finish their album earlier than they think they will.

That's something completely different to what you claim above.

This album will be nothing short of sensational. I heard a couple of the new tracks when I saw them in London the other month. Despite being horribly drunk, one of them made me just stare in awe with my mouth agape. It was phenomenal. No idea what the name of it was.

I agree on all counts. I predict this album will win them a mercury music prize and they will go on to be as big in the UK as they are in europe (they are adored in holland, probably due to the name!)

Nah. Won't happen.

I predict that this album will be as amazing as the 4 criminally overlooked albums they've previously produced, but it won't make a dent in the media. The fans will lap it up, but the people out there still mopping up their bollock yoghurt from Florence and the Machine's latest 'offerings' won't even know it's there.

I honestly have no idea quite how this magnificent bad are as underrated as they are.

You know I would normally agree with you on this but, and you will not believe this, the NEWS OF THE WORLD of all papers had a small review of the I Am Kloot Manchester gig. And gave it 4/5 stars! I was staggered a rag such as that would have even heard of Kloot, let alone reviewed and published the review! I think this band are slowly coming into the publics consciousness.

PS I did NOT purchase said paper, I read in on the tube as it was dumped on the seat.