Lineup Announced

Guest wardy1_1984

Ah well, I'm going to go against the grain here and say the line up is lazy. The Strokes are huge, granted, but most of us go to Rockness for the dance music. The other headliners are half of Leftfield and Fatboy Slim, a man who no longer uses the moniker even for his own production stuff? I expected a hell of a lot better tbh. There is some interesting stuff further down the bill but nothing that's like OMGWTF other than Soulwax / 2manydjs who also appear to have a permanent Rockness residency.

Very, very meh. Gutted cos I was so looking forward to it this year.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well, I'm going to go against the grain here and say the line up is lazy. The Strokes are huge, granted, but most of us go to Rockness for the dance music. The other headliners are half of Leftfield and Fatboy Slim, a man who no longer uses the moniker even for his own production stuff? I expected a hell of a lot better tbh. There is some interesting stuff further down the bill but nothing that's like OMGWTF other than Soulwax / 2manydjs who also appear to have a permanent Rockness residency.

Trust me badger, I'm not just whining for the sake of it. I hate people who just moan about festies.

It's not a bad line up per say, just so f**king obvious and dull. The line up really needed someone out there like Flaming Lips last year. Gorillaz would have been perfect. They may announce more people but that's the headliners sorted now. And yeah, unless they announce a bunch of more interesting acts, I suspect I will skip Rockness this year and just go to T. Real pity.

I will say though, for people new to the festival it's a mich better looking line-up.

Trust me badger, I'm not just whining for the sake of it. I hate people who just moan about festies.

It's not a bad line up per say, just so f**king obvious and dull. The line up really needed someone out there like Flaming Lips last year. Gorillaz would have been perfect. They may announce more people but that's the headliners sorted now. And yeah, unless they announce a bunch of more interesting acts, I suspect I will skip Rockness this year and just go to T. Real pity.

I will say though, for people new to the festival it's a mich better looking line-up.

I can't believe some of the complaints on here. (But i suppose i should hav expected it from the people who wanted Tiesto to play). IMO this lineup is the best so far in terms of catering for a wide mix of tastes....and i reckon it will attract many people to Rock Ness for the first time (and it will unlikely be a ned element).

I'm not interested in seeing any of the headliners - but they are all huge acts, and the booking of Leftfield has got everyone talking.

As for Fatboy, he is clearly the Friday headliner - when 2 years ago we never even had any music on the Friday!

There's a few acts booked that were on people's wish list on here (i.e. Bloody Beetroots, 2 Many DJ's etc) and so Jim King is obviously listening.

I think it's the acts further down the list which are gonna be amazing:

VITALIC - Reckon he could well be the highlight of the whole weekend (if he plays the main stage i might as well wear a nappy cos i'll be pissing my pants throughout his set! )

BOYS NOIZE - No need for explanation.

SOULWAX - TREEEEE-mendous live!

BOOKASHADE - Never seen them live, but heard very good reports.

...........and there's plenty still to be added. :P

I think it's the best line-up they've ever had and I've been to them all. I thought last year was the best year with Orbital, Prodigy and Japanese Popstars just making it superb for me but I honestly think this time round is going to be better. You might regret not going. T in the Park will never have anything on Rockness but suppose it depends on your expectations of a festival about a third of T's size.

Check Vitalic on Youtube for a wee taster, might tempt ye! :P

Edited by Discobadger

I can't believe some of the complaints on here. (But i suppose i should hav expected it from the people who wanted Tiesto to play). IMO this lineup is the best so far in terms of catering for a wide mix of tastes....and i reckon it will attract many people to Rock Ness for the first time (and it will unlikely be a ned element).

I'm not interested in seeing any of the headliners - but they are all huge acts, and the booking of Leftfield has got everyone talking.

As for Fatboy, he is clearly the Friday headliner - when 2 years ago we never even had any music on the Friday!

There's a few acts booked that were on people's wish list on here (i.e. Bloody Beetroots, 2 Many DJ's etc) and so Jim King is obviously listening.

I think it's the acts further down the list which are gonna be amazing:

VITALIC - Reckon he could well be the highlight of the whole weekend (if he plays the main stage i might as well wear a nappy cos i'll be pissing my pants throughout his set! )

BOYS NOIZE - No need for explanation.

SOULWAX - TREEEEE-mendous live!

BOOKASHADE - Never seen them live, but heard very good reports.

...........and there's plenty still to be added. :P

I have friends who choose between Rockness and T each year, some people like me have completely jumped ship from T to Rockness so although they may be different they are in direct competition and so can be compared. Feck half my Facebook notices are people posting "Rockness or TITP?".
Edited by Discobadger

Wasn't really comparing them but in terms of Rockness's size, the pulling power it has for acts is immense and on a par with T in the Park for quality of acts.

I'm being a bit biased towards Rockness cos I've lost faith in T in the Park over the past few years so your right, I'm probably the last person to offer advice on the two. I just have an absolute riot at Rockness every time and T, despite some outstanding acts recently the weekend as a whole just doesn't come close to Rockness for me.

quite a few of my mates from down nearer the central belt do choose between Rockness or T, especially as most people are a little skint at the moment. It remains to be seen what they choose this year, but Rockness defo has a head start by getting there main acts out early and setting the bench mark.

I remember last year people were a little underwhelmed at times with announcements, but come the end of the weekend thay will all have had a smile on there faces, seen half the amounts of bands/acts they wanted to, seen acts they never counted on and found a few gems they will go out and listen too.

PLus now we know who is playing, it gives us 5 months to listen up to the one we arent familiar with!

quite a few of my mates from down nearer the central belt do choose between Rockness or T, especially as most people are a little skint at the moment. It remains to be seen what they choose this year, but Rockness defo has a head start by getting there main acts out early and setting the bench mark.

I remember last year people were a little underwhelmed at times with announcements, but come the end of the weekend thay will all have had a smile on there faces, seen half the amounts of bands/acts they wanted to, seen acts they never counted on and found a few gems they will go out and listen too.

PLus now we know who is playing, it gives us 5 months to listen up to the one we arent familiar with!

Edited by Discobadger