TICKET INSURANCE, REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS/EXCHANGES & LOST TICKETS

Guest DownseyUK

Hello!

I have a £50 deposit down on my ticket but for various reasons it might be that I can’t make it to Glasto this summer. I’ve read about the Insurance option but I have a couple of questions:

1) When do you get the option to add insurance? Is this only available at booking? (e.g. when I originally paid my deposit or can I still add it now)

2) If it is possible to add insurance at this stage, when do I get to see the Terms & Conditions of ticket refunds (e.g. can I see them prior to committing to buying the ticket?). The reason I ask is the statement “if you bought insurance for your ticket and your reason for not being able to come is covered by the policy, you can make a claim by contacting the Ticketplan helpline on 0870 950 1119” worries me a little!

Not sure if anyone can help but thought I’d give it a go.

Thanks in advance.

Bye!

Hello!

I have a £50 deposit down on my ticket but for various reasons it might be that I can’t make it to Glasto this summer. I’ve read about the Insurance option but I have a couple of questions:

1) When do you get the option to add insurance? Is this only available at booking? (e.g. when I originally paid my deposit or can I still add it now)

2) If it is possible to add insurance at this stage, when do I get to see the Terms & Conditions of ticket refunds (e.g. can I see them prior to committing to buying the ticket?). The reason I ask is the statement “if you bought insurance for your ticket and your reason for not being able to come is covered by the policy, you can make a claim by contacting the Ticketplan helpline on 0870 950 1119” worries me a little!

Not sure if anyone can help but thought I’d give it a go.

Thanks in advance.

Bye!

as far as i recall the insurance covers you for inability to attend through illness or death (yours or a close family member) and not much else. you should be able to take it out when you pay the balance. it's not brilliant by any means but i'm superstitious that if i don't take it out, disaster will befall me.

Sorry, I've clearly got myself confused and managed to confuse a load of other people at the same time!

To clarify, if I make full payment prior to the 28th Feb, I can refund my ticket (minus £10 admin) at any point up until May without insurance?

EDIT:

Think I've just answered my own question:

Tickets are non-refundable after the deadline of May 7th. However, if you bought insurance for your ticket and your reason for not being able to come is covered by the policy, you can make a claim by contacting the Ticketplan helpline on 0870 950 1119

Clearly I haven't read this properly first time around. I can refund up until the 7th May! Perfect! Thanks to everyone for their replies!

Edited by DownseyUK