which tent ?

Guest nomi-rizz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still looking for a high (150cm or higher) 2/4 man. I spotted an Easy Camp Savio 400 on ebay buy it now £40 (BARGAIN!!)but waiting for pay day and all gone by then :P

If anyone sees any bargains please post here for me. Thanks.

I've had a few of the tents listed and looked at many more of them. Basic rule of thumb from me would be get a Khyam. Mine has been brilliant, it's a Khyam Sherpa

Been brilliant, quick and easy to put up, kept me dry through all conditions and plenty of space for all your stuff. I would have one again any day of the week.

I'm still looking found one for £169.99 is too much maybe I will win the lotto!

I just accidentally bought this http://www.somersetcamping.co.uk/products/...e-sale-sale/33/

I couldn't control myself a moment longer.

I now have to tell him indoors......

Got this the other day.

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/acatalog/Li...erson_Tent.html

ute.JPG

Nothing flash but it's got 2000mm hh, a decent sized sleeping area and a good sized porch/living area.

Not bad for the price. I've had popups in recent years and they've been great other than having nowhere to store wet and muddy gear. Got me a big airbed too. Gonna have some luxury this year, getting old.

Edited by farewellandgoodnight

It was your recommendation that originally made me have a look at it, after that I just kept finding myself back there lusting over the thing.

It does look like a rather lovely tent.

It was your recommendation that originally made me have a look at it, after that I just kept finding myself back there lusting over the thing.

It does look like a rather lovely tent.

Snigger.

I hope you are camping in CT, then if I am having trouble getting my new purchase properly erect and tied down you could come and show me hows its done. :P

Ah, reading this has made me really want to buy a new tent, even though I already have 3!

My 2 pence: I bought a pop up 2 man tent from Tesco in 2007, it's lasted through 4 festivals (a couple of which included torrential rain) with no problems what so ever, I've been hugely impressed with it! It's a pop up tent, so it's unwieldy to carry but worth it when you've put it up in about 3 minutes. It's worth practising putting them down a couple of times though. It's double skinned too, which is probably why it's kept us so dry. Oh, and it had an opening at the back as well, which was helpful when we woke up in the mornings and felt like we were being roasted alive.

I'm retiring it now as it's just not big enough for me and my bf and our stuff, especially as we're hoping to take air beds to festivals this year. I'll miss it though! I've bought a four man tent from Argos to replace it, fingers crossed it serves us as well as the Tesco pop up!

Hello All!!

Glasto first timer and never been camping before (well apart from an unfortunate weekend at TITP where my tent became a swimming pool) so a bit confused about tents etc, was thinking about a lichfield Cherokee??

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews144983.html

or a Rocky 4 tent

http://www.worldoftents.co.uk/gelert-rocky...010-p-1611.html

any suggestions/advice? all would be appreciated

Thanks x :P:P:P

I confessed my tent buying accident today. It went like this.

"I bought something"

"what??"

<slides hidden tent out from under bed> "this"

"What the Feck do we need another tent for????"

"because because erm because this one is ACE an efester said so"

Apparently he thinks we are going to have all our stuff stolen because we will be in a tent with two parts. Honestly I loved my little teepee tent but the boilingness in the morning was unbearable, as well as getting soaking wet everytime we unzipped it if it was raining.

I can't wait to go over to the fields and practise putting it up.

Edited by madspaceangel

I confessed my tent buying accident today. It went like this.

"I bought something"

"what??"

<slides hidden tent out from under bed> "this"

"What the Feck do we need another tent for????"

"because because erm because this one is ACE an efester said so"

Apparently he thinks we are going to have all our stuff stolen because we will be in a tent with two parts. Honestly I loved my little teepee tent but the boilingness in the morning was unbearable, as well as getting soaking wet everytime we unzipped it if it was raining.

I can't wait to go over to the fields and practise putting it up.

I hope all your predictions for tent love come true.

If he starts picking faults I will tell him to sleep outside on the ground!!

Can I ask you a question about the tent cejx?

I mentions putting it up for 48 hours and sealing the seams with some paint on sealant. Did you need to do that with yours? or is it only some models?

I hope all your predictions for tent love come true.

If he starts picking faults I will tell him to sleep outside on the ground!!

Can I ask you a question about the tent cejx?

I mentions putting it up for 48 hours and sealing the seams with some paint on sealant. Did you need to do that with yours? or is it only some models?

Has anyone used The Green Tent Company before and bought a tent off them? Got the link off the Sonisphere website but it covers Glasto and other festivals.

You can buy tents, festival kits and accessories and pick it up at the festival site. Also tents are Recyclable.

The Green Tent Company

So has anyone used a tent bought from here? Was it any good, waterproof etc? I am especially liking the fact you can pick it up on site and recyclable as im coming from Glasgow it would save some major luggage woes coming down.