Rock Werchter 2010

Guest Mr.S

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

By reports the vibe is very good, but lacking in a proper festival atmospher. More like v with an arena and campsite with better lineups.

You can buy ticks from the rockwerchter website just use translater, I don't think you can buy from uk.

Still to decide werchter or roskilde, roskilde is favorite for the festival experience.

that's an orrible line up!

i was there in 2008 and there were Radiohead, Beck, Chemical Brothers, Neil Young, Moby, REM...

much more better than Muse, Green Day (!!!), Pearl Jam (no good albums from 2000), Rammstein...

this year i will go to Primavera Sound, wich has a great lineup.

that's an orrible line up!

i was there in 2008 and there were Radiohead, Beck, Chemical Brothers, Neil Young, Moby, REM...

much more better than Muse, Green Day (!!!), Pearl Jam (no good albums from 2000), Rammstein...

this year i will go to Primavera Sound, wich has a great lineup.

I'm not sure why Primavera Sound and Werchter are being compared. Primavera is much more of a niche festival. You go to Primavera to see up and coming bands and bands from genres that rarely find themselves represented in other festivals. Werchter is for seeing a bunch of multi plat selling bands all together rather than drop €60+ on the individual shows.

With that in mind I think Werchter '10 is doing what you should expect from Werchter. However I'd much prefer to see some of the Werchter bands added to Roskilde as it always has more acts and less clashes than Werchter. I guess Pearl Jam will never be but if Rammstein gets added we are going to Roskilde.. if not could still be Werchter. Werchter does have the advantage of being about half the price of Roskilde as well.

Hey guys I'm planning on going to the Main Square Festival in Arras, and the festivals usually have similar lineups. Black Eyed Peas and David Guetta have been announced and was just wondering how many bands are usually shared between the two festivals?

Added to the line-up, fresh from the oven are EDITORS, THEM CROOKED VULTURES, 30 SECONDS TO MARS, THE TING TINGS, PHOENIX, SKUNK ANANSIE, ALICE IN CHAINS, THE BLACK BOX REVELATION, WOLFMOTHER, THE XX, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, CROOKERS, BLOODY BEETROOTS DEATHCREW 77, BOOKA SHADE, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, RISE AGAINST, THE TEMPER TRAP, KYTEMAN’S HIPHOP ORCHESTRA, THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM and DELPHIC. See line up page for more details.

me too wilcox, im praying for more rock as their lineup is woeful! im considering werchter even though i hve a main square ticket

Hey guys I'm planning on going to the Main Square Festival in Arras, and the festivals usually have similar lineups. Black Eyed Peas and David Guetta have been announced and was just wondering how many bands are usually shared between the two festivals?

poor show from werchter i'm afraid, and as much as i liked the crowd (as in you wont get piss getting launched/ people surging forward like mongs), there's bugger all to do other than the two stages so if the lineup's not going to improve looks like i'll be going elsewhere. Shame since i love the stages going on late into the night.

it is a weak lineup....is tht link of the lineup fake? is there no atmosphere after it? what about main square festival?

poor show from werchter i'm afraid, and as much as i liked the crowd (as in you wont get piss getting launched/ people surging forward like mongs), there's bugger all to do other than the two stages so if the lineup's not going to improve looks like i'll be going elsewhere. Shame since i love the stages going on late into the night.

depends what you like to be honest with you. The atmosphere is quite sedate, put it this way you can tell weed is tolerated as everyone is very chilled out. There's no rowdyness in the campsites (i didn't see any anyway lol), the road that you walk from campsite to arena is littered with makeshift bars. This means nothing at leeds like arseholes setting fire to everything.

Whilst the crowd are chilled out this means you can get up close to any band you want to see (they have four pits down at the front to ensure crowd control). I watched oasis up close and was the only one singing along, quite surreal when a month ago i couldn't hear noel sing half the world away as the crowd was so loud, and nice seeing oasis without the knobhead crowd they usually attract.

Whilst the atmosphere is relaxed, if it's a dance band, forget about that! Belgians love their dance music and the big dance acts mean everyone is moving, prodigy brought the madness out of people, as did boyz noize (never heard them before and top stuff), and 2manydjs, which i only caught the end of but was a full on party.