Kasabian

Guest PaulDavis

Hmmm you really think v is much bigger than cream fields?? CF is capacity of 55,000 and V 60,000 that not really that much difference IMO. They both sell out each year so thats only a difference of 5k, not that significant really. The festival that you speak of is lovebox with a capacity of 25,000 so yeah obviously they arent gonna get big headliners so yehh dizzee wouldnt headline v...

I never said there was harm in you saying stone roses/smiths would play V Im just voicing my opinion as are you but I do think V do not stand a chance in hell. If stones are gonna play anywhere it wont be some shoddy festival like V it will be at Glasto where all the credibality is. And I also do not think you can compare them booking red hot chilli peppers/pixies with the stones and smiths....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People! Wheres the love!?!? Lets put all this nastiness and unpleasantness to one side...and then direct it all at the organisers when they announce another half-arsed and ill-conceived line-up!

Personally, I love the fact that we're sitting here in December having heated debate about a festival half of us might not even go to in August.

I think it more that you increasingly seem to turn every opinion into V is shit Glasto is god arguement which has been done to death....

We know Glasto is the daddy but don't think every band will not play V just because folk on here don't think its a credible festival, V pay the pennies which is important to alot of bands this is what Lucky was trying to say, something u are clearly not accepting as V is such a "shoddy festival" in your eyes

People do accept others opinion on here but u have to learn to accept their opinion also me dear :P

So, no more news about Kasabian headlining? The Sun's article just rubbish then? Very odd that nothing has been said about it anywhere else if it is actually true.

Also want to express my utter disbelief at the person who seriously suggested that V might have gotten The Smiths or The Stone Roses to reform.

Don't know why so many folk want Stone Roses to reform. Yes they had 1 great album and a couple of decent singles 20 years ago. But i saw them at leeds Roundhay park around that time and they were absolute crap live. Watched the Blackpool DVD this week and it reminded me just how crap.

Kasabian however are getting better all the time. I think West Ryder is >= to Stone Roses-Stone Roses.

In my opinion Kasabian would be worthy headliners.

Don't know why so many folk want Stone Roses to reform. Yes they had 1 great album and a couple of decent singles 20 years ago. But i saw them at leeds Roundhay park around that time and they were absolute crap live. Watched the Blackpool DVD this week and it reminded me just how crap.

Kasabian however are getting better all the time. I think West Ryder is >= to Stone Roses-Stone Roses.

In my opinion Kasabian would be worthy headliners.

West Ryder is one of the best album of the year in my opinion. Not as good as Kasabian's debut but pretty damn awesome. I can see why you might dislike them just off their songs but seeing them live is very very different. In fact I've done it 4 times this year. I think they may do V instead, just depends how good Festival Republic decide to be with them. I vote yes.

On the Stone Roses comparison, Kasabian still have a long way to go before they do a better album than the roses first one. On mention of roses reforming, after seeing Ian Brown this year it would ruin any lasting legacy. He was really bad.

Kasabian are 1 of the best live bands around at the moment iv seen them countless times they just get better and better. To compare albums to the Stone Roses is wrong to do so the album Stone Roses is a classic from the 90's copared to West Ryder which is in my eyes is one of the albums of the year but its still no contest between the too.

Booking Kasabian is a safe bet for V they have alot of hype around them at the minute the past year they have grown into one of the biggest bands in britian with a number 1 album, sell out area tour plus they surported Oasis during there stadium tour. Im very chuffed that they are headlining

kasabian are worthy headliners. its plain and simple, they are amazing live and have 3 great albums, they sell out tours and all of their albums have gone platinum. i dont see why people are against them headlining, their success grew slowly, but it definitely grew. they werent one album wonder headliners (like razorlight, franz ferdinand etc.) but they definitely deserve a headline spot now. and they are good enough regardless of their ego. they have alot of great tunes, west ryder is one of the best albums this year. im not getting into the whole argument of who is better than who, its all down to opinion.

Kasabian were f**king SHITE when I saw them in August, going through the motions, dropped killer tunes from their set, just become a meh band IMO and yes they are perfect to headline V based on this

Saw Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Wednesday, now thats one of the best live bands around at the moment, obviously they have more of a cult following though

This statement is wrong on so many levels I think you may have ripped a hole in the fabric of reality...

(name me one tune on the Kasabian album as timeless as 'I Am The Resurrection', 'She Bangs The Drums', 'Made Of Stone' etc etc...in fact, lets start easy...just name me one tune on the album)

Edited by redmad1971

Where Did All The Love Go? A fantastic tune off West Ryder.

In my original post I did say that Stone Roses made a great album with some excellent tunes and it's still one of my all time favourites.

But come next Summer, which of the 2 bands would put on the best live set and really get the crowd rocking. I would say Kasabian.

stone roses could sing a back catalogue of west life if they reformed and the crowd would be the most rocking and up for it not seen in this country for a long time.

do you really think kasabian will have the crowd rocking more than one of the most important bands in the last 2 decades?