Patrick Wolf

The Academy Is...

Hadouken!

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Feeder

The Subways

Frank Turner

The Big Pink

Not sure how realistic this is going to end up looking... (also not going to try and name the lower bands for most days).

FRIDAY

Green Day

Blink-182

Paramore

Gaslight Anthem

You Me At Six

Bowling for Soup

All American Rejects

Young Guns

NME Stage

The Maccabees

The Big Pink

FR

The Decemberists

SATURDAY

Muse

My Chemical Romance

Lostprophets

Biffy Clyro

MGMT

Panic at the Disco

Cobra Starship

NME Stage

Weezer

Manchester Orchestra

Dinosaur Jr.

FR

Andrew WK?

SUNDAY

The Strokes

Kasabian

Editors

Florence + Machine

Dead Weather

Seasick Steve

NME Stage

Complete surprise band

FR

Band of Skulls

Not sure how realistic this is going to end up looking... (also not going to try and name the lower bands for most days).

FRIDAY

Green Day

Blink-182

Paramore

Gaslight Anthem

You Me At Six

Bowling for Soup

All American Rejects

Young Guns

NME Stage

The Maccabees

The Big Pink

FR

The Decemberists

SATURDAY

Muse

My Chemical Romance

Lostprophets

Biffy Clyro

MGMT

Panic at the Disco

Cobra Starship

NME Stage

Weezer

Manchester Orchestra

Dinosaur Jr.

FR

Andrew WK?

SUNDAY

The Strokes

Kasabian

Editors

Florence + Machine

Dead Weather

Seasick Steve

NME Stage

Complete surprise band

FR

Band of Skulls

A few bands i think should be put on the bill to help the annual problem of complaints about the line up.

coheed and cambria

fall of troy

the mars volta

the dillinger escape plan

mogwai

lamb of god

slayer

mastadon

i personally think 09s line up was good. wasnt too attracted to the headliners but the 3rd stage and the republic stage nearly encouraged me to get a ticket

I've got to disagree I'm afraid.

I saw Kasabian on their recent arena tour and it just paled in comparison to Muse and Arctic Monkeys, two bands who I had seen recently playing at the same venue.

The trouble with Arctic Monkeys at Reading/Leeds was that they could've played the perfect festival set this year, but chose to delve into the new album which was relatively unknown at the time instead. A poor choice as far as appealing to the masses was concerned, but they definitely could've pulled it off if they wanted to - Glastonbury being an example of when they play a "traditional" festival set. However, they played a similar styled set to their Reading/Leeds performance on their arena tour and it worked - because there were less casual fans.

Muse, of course, is a bit unfair to compare to.

Kasabian played the ideal set in an arena focusing mainly on singles new and old, but there was still something lacking. They do have massive songs which would work well in a festival, but there's something about them which was missing, though I can't put my finger on it. Either way, an arena was too big for them, so I'd be worried about a festival headlining slot. They were brilliant when I saw them in an Academy in April though.

Basically - if Arctic Monkeys can play the sort of set they played at Reading/Leeds in an arena and it pulls off really well, but Kasabian play an "ideal" set and it doesn't quite pull off as well as it should, then it's a bit unnerving considering Arctic Monkeys were slated at Reading/Leeds.

I've got to disagree I'm afraid.

I saw Kasabian on their recent arena tour and it just paled in comparison to Muse and Arctic Monkeys, two bands who I had seen recently playing at the same venue.

The trouble with Arctic Monkeys at Reading/Leeds was that they could've played the perfect festival set this year, but chose to delve into the new album which was relatively unknown at the time instead. A poor choice as far as appealing to the masses was concerned, but they definitely could've pulled it off if they wanted to - Glastonbury being an example of when they play a "traditional" festival set. However, they played a similar styled set to their Reading/Leeds performance on their arena tour and it worked - because there were less casual fans.

Muse, of course, is a bit unfair to compare to.

Kasabian played the ideal set in an arena focusing mainly on singles new and old, but there was still something lacking. They do have massive songs which would work well in a festival, but there's something about them which was missing, though I can't put my finger on it. Either way, an arena was too big for them, so I'd be worried about a festival headlining slot. They were brilliant when I saw them in an Academy in April though.

Basically - if Arctic Monkeys can play the sort of set they played at Reading/Leeds in an arena and it pulls off really well, but Kasabian play an "ideal" set and it doesn't quite pull off as well as it should, then it's a bit unnerving considering Arctic Monkeys were slated at Reading/Leeds.

Edited by thomasowen

I'm judging on the people I came across, not magazine reviews. Sure, loads liked it, but loads seemed to not like it too. I heard more negative opinions of them than any other band that weekend, mainly people feeling let down.

I didn't mind that they played new songs - I really enjoyed the whole set. I could see why people wouldn't though. Humbug does take a new direction, one which not everyone warmed to.

It had only legally been released for a week, was it? Not everyone downloads leaked albums, the majority of people don't download leaked albums. Not everyone is into the downloading culture. While popular, it hasn't completely taken over.

I'm judging on the people I came across, not magazine reviews. Sure, loads liked it, but loads seemed to not like it too. I heard more negative opinions of them than any other band that weekend, mainly people feeling let down.

I didn't mind that they played new songs - I really enjoyed the whole set. I could see why people wouldn't though. Humbug does take a new direction, one which not everyone warmed to.

It had only legally been released for a week, was it? Not everyone downloads leaked albums, the majority of people don't download leaked albums. Not everyone is into the downloading culture. While popular, it hasn't completely taken over.

Edited by thomasowen