Bands / artists that SHOULDNT be at glastonbury...

Guest Deepsky

I've ranted about this before, but there is room for everyone at Glastonbury.

If you don't like an act, go and watch another someone else. Or go and do something else entirely.

James Blunt is an insufferable tool, but i watched thousands of people thoroughly enjoy his set in 2008. I hated every second (i was waiting for the Raconteurs) but who am i to deny all of Blunt's fans their opportunity to sing along to You Are Beautiful or whatever it's called? I'm sure a lot of people who hung around after him and caught some of Jack White et al thought they were a thoroughly strange gothic-looking screeching racket, but Blunt fans are probably in a less vocal minority.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harsh.

Writes his own songs. Responsible for his own image. Sounds different from most other current stuff (albeit by pillaging the music of the past). Can sing.

Not my kind of thing, and I didn't watch him in 2007. But I respect him as a 'proper' act.

And he's got a point about big girls :lol:

The acts that really don't belong at Glastonbury are manufactured singing groups who smooth the rough edges off old songs so that it can wash over people who don't actually like music. I'm talking Boyzone and Westlife.

I've ranted about this before, but there is room for everyone at Glastonbury.

If you don't like an act, go and watch another someone else. Or go and do something else entirely.

James Blunt is an insufferable tool, but i watched thousands of people thoroughly enjoy his set in 2008. I hated every second (i was waiting for the Raconteurs) but who am i to deny all of Blunt's fans their opportunity to sing along to You Are Beautiful or whatever it's called? I'm sure a lot of people who hung around after him and caught some of Jack White et al thought they were a thoroughly strange gothic-looking screeching racket, but Blunt fans are probably in a less vocal minority.

Harsh.

Writes his own songs. Responsible for his own image. Sounds different from most other current stuff (albeit by pillaging the music of the past). Can sing.

Not my kind of thing, and I didn't watch him in 2007. But I respect him as a 'proper' act.

And he's got a point about big girls :lol:

The acts that really don't belong at Glastonbury are manufactured singing groups who smooth the rough edges off old songs so that it can wash over people who don't actually like music. I'm talking Boyzone and Westlife.

Where as I can see the point that Glastonbury is for all, I am finding it really hard to find any reason why Westlife, Boyzone, or Jon & Edward (yes the devils children from x-factor) should ever be allowed in Glastonbury yet alone perform there. Oh and you can add John Barrowman to the list as well

Great post and I completely agree.

I really hope this was written in jest because it's ignorant bullshit like this that pisses me off no end. B) And no, I'm not talking about misspelling the grammatically challenging name 'Jay-Z' merely the old, tired, shite 'why is he playing?' bollocks that ruined many threads on this forum in 2008.

F**king hell people, if you don't like someone, go to the Cider Bus where you can't hear them. Or if you can, drink more until you can't.

Edited by JaguarSkills

Think you'll find it's pronounced Jay-Zed in the UK.

All getting a bit wound up by this aren't we? It's only people expressing preferences, not like we're forming a seperatist group and petitioning Mr Eavis to actually ban these useless, talentless tossers.

Personally, I'll give anything and anyone a go and if I don't like it then I'll find something else. However, my list would have about 150 names on it and they are all Madonna, who I feel very strongly is an over-hyped, talentless, gap toothed, child stealing witch and the thought of a fraction of my ticket money going to line her already bulging pockets makes me blind with fury.

Think you'll find it's pronounced Jay-Zed in the UK.

All getting a bit wound up by this aren't we? It's only people expressing preferences, not like we're forming a seperatist group and petitioning Mr Eavis to actually ban these useless, talentless tossers.

Personally, I'll give anything and anyone a go and if I don't like it then I'll find something else. However, my list would have about 150 names on it and they are all Madonna, who I feel very strongly is an over-hyped, talentless, gap toothed, child stealing witch and the thought of a fraction of my ticket money going to line her already bulging pockets makes me blind with fury.

Well that would happen if ***I*** ruled the world.

:(

Actually the thread should be named:

Bands That I'd Rather Not Waste My Time With But At The End Of The Day As Long As There Is Something Else On That I Prefer Or They Actually Turn Out Better Than I Was Expecting Just Like Sting In 1997 I'm Not Really Bothered And It's Only A Space For People To List Bands They Don't Really Like Very Much In A Jesting Manner So People Should Not Get Too Wound Up With It.