What EOTR music are you listening to today?

Guest bennyhana22

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to that 'Positive Rage' live album at work yesterday, they really go for it, don't they? I remember stumbling across them at Latitude a couple of years ago and their sheer joy at being up there playing was infectious, to say the least. Also on yesterday's playlist was the new Richmond Fontaine and some old Bob Lind! Bring it on.

Hmmm...now I was listening to some Shearwater riding home tonight and I've decided...he's got a really annoying voice. I thought it was just a bit unusual and I needed to warm to it. But I haven't. It's reedy and a bit affected. It's often in falsetto (which is fine - check out my avatar, I'm a great fan of good falsetto!) but just not strong enough. There's too much vibrato put on too. He sounds a bit like a weaker version of Fish-replacing Marillion singer, Steve Hogarth!

Shame too as I think that musically, Shearwater are really good to listen to. I'll probably watch them anyway as I do like them, but I have to have a good talk to myself about that vocal...

Ben

Did you buy them from Camille O'Sullivan?!?

From Latitude .... In These Shoes?

Ha...I love it um so much....as wonderful as Kirsty's version was, this is much more in keeping with the song lyrics!!!! Dont think I will be dancing quite like that tho :rolleyes:

RE SHEARWATER.... I love Rook much more than Palo Santo...and dont find his voice annoying, but I know what you mean, I feel like about the guy from Merc Rev....then I missed half of their set last year and was really cross with myself as they were excellent live.......

Still listening to The Duke and The King, and today the Broken Family Band, but have just discovered that this is one of their last shows ever <_< sob sob

+