Beer Tokens

Guest cmscratc

Correct, you can't take beer into the arena but there are threads on here about various ways to smuggle it in.

Beer tokens you have to queue up to pay for them, then queue again to get your drinks. I think its a way to stop light fingered bar staff, but its a serious hassle when you gasping for a drink. There are a few cash bars on site tho.

I think they trust the token sellers. It is the bar staff they don't trust. There were 3 or four cash bars last year at staffs and the ques were often shorter than those at the token bars. I don't think I will bother with the tokens this year.

I think the idea of the tokens is to make the beer queues to get drinks shorter and quicker as people aren't having to find money and wait for change etc. The concept is OK but I have seen very long lines before, especially for the tokens.

Personally I've never had a problem. Get all your tokens for the weekend on the Friday night and if a bar queue looks heaving just wander around a bit. There's always somewhere a bit quieter, if you can be arsed to look.

You'll usually see long queues at the token booths while several of the booths have no queues at all and the staff behind the windows are shouting "anyone waiting??" but us Brits just can't resist joining a queue of course... Just keep your eyes open and you'll probably never queue for beer tokens (especially when you first get into the Arena each day, there's never a queue then).

Same goes for the toilets, a hundred people queuing for three toilets while the other 15 cubicles are empty. What's that all about??

It probably started out as a way to shorten queues, regulate the amount of alcohol, stop people getting short changed... but now it seems more of a way to wring that extra bit of cash out of you - one rainy day and you can be £20 down if your not careful and no matter how hard you try you will always find a few of them stuffed in your pockets when you get home!