Can you get onsite when festival isn't on?

Guest Troop Dogg

Its a working farm so just becomes part of the countryside when the festivals not on, with public rights of way and footpaths etc, best check an ordnance survey map for the area and see where the footpaths and bridalways are. I'd love to have a mooch round to see what the place looks like for most part of the year.

Well plenty of folk on here have visited...just got to sit tight til one of em replys with what they know. :O

I went this year on 8th June, it was also my 40th birthday. I sent a message to the organisers through OWS asking if I could photo the site for my A level photography course & got a reply.

When I went down my name was supposed to be on the gate but it wasn't. Nearly broke my heart it did, 310 miles from our house wetravelled. Security bloke asked how far I had travelled & when I told him he couldn't believe I travelled all that way just to take some photos. So he let me go up to the office, who then sorted it out for me.

Absolutely one of the greatest days of my life. I didn't want to turn 40 & wanted it to be over & just forget about it, but now it is my bestest ever birthday lol.

If you get the chance, do it I say...

Photos here

Its a working farm so just becomes part of the countryside when the festivals not on, with public rights of way and footpaths etc, best check an ordnance survey map for the area and see where the footpaths and bridalways are. I'd love to have a mooch round to see what the place looks like for most part of the year.

Michael's pretty relaxed about people visiting the farm. No need to ask beforehand but i wouldn't park up by the farm. Try parking at the bus station (there's loads of room) and it's only a short walk to the pyramid stage. Just use common sense and you'll have a great time. I'd be inclined to leave it for a few weeks though. There's still loads of work going on (the fence still isn't completely down) and you don't want to get in the way.

• 8 months later...
Michael's pretty relaxed about people visiting the farm. No need to ask beforehand but i wouldn't park up by the farm. Try parking at the bus station (there's loads of room) and it's only a short walk to the pyramid stage. Just use common sense and you'll have a great time. I'd be inclined to leave it for a few weeks though. There's still loads of work going on (the fence still isn't completely down) and you don't want to get in the way.

I've been on the site when the festival isn't there, it was last March i think. It is very strange when there's nothing there but you still know exactly where you are for example oh this is where the other stage is, but it's really cool standing in front of the Pyramid when all its just a metal frame.

We were there last weekend.

It was VERY muddy underfoot and crossing some fields is prevented with fencing to keep the sheep in.

Just park in the coach park bit and take wellies.

Oh and the Greenpeace ship is all knocked down and they were in the process of welding something together to replace it!

pyramid-1.jpg

We were there last weekend.

It was VERY muddy underfoot and crossing some fields is prevented with fencing to keep the sheep in.

Just park in the coach park bit and take wellies.

Oh and the Greenpeace ship is all knocked down and they were in the process of welding something together to replace it!

pyramid-1.jpg

Edited by glastopian