Request to Michael Eavis

Guest puppetmode

Im not sure what the Eavis's think about having 'regular' glastonbury attendees or 'new blood' BUT

Can Michael please not advertise the fact that tickets are on sale for next year until after their release date?

This will give the previous attendees a better chance of getting to next year's special anniversary festival and then let all the other, less interested or new people to apply once the rush has died down.

At least give us a couple of days grace to give us more of a chance

blass you :(

Im not sure what the Eavis's think about having 'regular' glastonbury attendees or 'new blood' BUT

Can Michael please not advertise the fact that tickets are on sale for next year until after their release date?

This will give the previous attendees a better chance of getting to next year's special anniversary festival and then let all the other, less interested or new people to apply once the rush has died down.

blass you :rolleyes:

Ive noticed a distinct drop in camaraderie since the festival ended. Gone is the happy expectation and now there's a lot of bitching. Seen it on many posts since with catty comments.

Im not insisting or expecting. I just thought it would be a nice idea. I know about 30 people who say they are making the effort next year seeing as its a special anniversary year who have never been. Guess I shouldnt be greedy and let everyone who hasnt been get their chance hey?

Last year was better because it was spread over the year. This time it will be like the old days of crashed servers and engaged telephones. I expect it more this year.

Being on forums like this gives us no more chance of a ticket, as Glastonbury is rammed down everyones thrroat on every radio and tv news report for a week before they go on sale.

Same when its on. I was sick of hearing the word Glastonbury on everything I turned on and I was going!!!

i didn't mean to sound bitchy, i just think everyone should have the same chance of a ticket.

if you really want one you'll get one. i've been every year i could and stayed up until 6am in '03 trying to get my ticket.

are they not doing the october-to-february-pay-in-installments thing this year?

and it really does help to be looking at the forums just before ticket day, a couple of years there have been 'back doors' onto the ticket site posted here that helped hundreds of people get tickets.

Well, I must say I didnt expect the anger that this thread has invoked. I didnt think of myself being selfish or more hardcore than thou, or even a tosser.

Nice to see the Glastonbury spirit still going strong after 3 weeks.

And yes, i really want to go. No problem with that is there. I didnt expect Eavis to not promote it despite next year probably being able to be sold out 3 times over due to the 40th anniversary and I do expect to be a nervous wreck for weeks coming up to the ticket sale time. I'm used to it.

Chill out everyone

Why would they want to do that? They just want it to sell out! And even tho this year it did, last years issue with it not selling out until the last minute will still be pretty fresh in their minds

I really dislike the idea that people who have been before should be somehow entitled to tickets more than a new person, everyone should have the same chance of going

• 2 weeks later...
Ive noticed a distinct drop in camaraderie since the festival ended. Gone is the happy expectation and now there's a lot of bitching. Seen it on many posts since with catty comments.

Im not insisting or expecting. I just thought it would be a nice idea. I know about 30 people who say they are making the effort next year seeing as its a special anniversary year who have never been. Guess I shouldnt be greedy and let everyone who hasnt been get their chance hey?

Last year was better because it was spread over the year. This time it will be like the old days of crashed servers and engaged telephones. I expect it more this year.

Being on forums like this gives us no more chance of a ticket, as Glastonbury is rammed down everyones thrroat on every radio and tv news report for a week before they go on sale.

Same when its on. I was sick of hearing the word Glastonbury on everything I turned on and I was going!!!

Would be interesting to find out just how many folksies actually try for tix on T Day this year. We know the figures for attendance and as it always seems every Efester always gets a ticket no matter what...how many real worlders manage to get through to claim their golden ticket. Was out today with new chums and at least 3 of them mentioned they're entire offices wanted to try and get tix for next year never having been before...

and it would be interesting to find out just WHY people want to go...is it for the fashion/trend, the festival itself, the mud, the music, the anniversary, just the accolade for 'I Went to Glasto' and so on.

Am quite undecided whether to attempt it for next year...it takes too much out of me these days mentally and I dont like the idea of having to hide out in the South and Eastern corners to avoid the billion throngs in Babylon...its not right to attend your fave festy and feel a bit ousted and have to now search for the soul and the fairies when not so long ago it was all around...:lol:

Would be interesting to find out just how many folksies actually try for tix on T Day this year. We know the figures for attendance and as it always seems every Efester always gets a ticket no matter what...how many real worlders manage to get through to claim their golden ticket. Was out today with new chums and at least 3 of them mentioned they're entire offices wanted to try and get tix for next year never having been before...

and it would be interesting to find out just WHY people want to go...is it for the fashion/trend, the festival itself, the mud, the music, the anniversary, just the accolade for 'I Went to Glasto' and so on.

Am quite undecided whether to attempt it for next year...it takes too much out of me these days mentally and I dont like the idea of having to hide out in the South and Eastern corners to avoid the billion throngs in Babylon...its not right to attend your fave festy and feel a bit ousted and have to now search for the soul and the fairies when not so long ago it was all around...;)

blass you :huh:

blass you :)