Machine Head Pull Out

Guest the_frame

hahahahahahahah

what a set of w*nkers

San Francisco metallers MACHINE HEAD have released the following statement:

"It is with the utmost disappointment that we must announce that MACHINE HEAD will not be playing the Sonisphere date at Knebworth in the U.K. on August 2.

"In a turn of events that has left us absolutely baffled, the promoter of the U.K. Sonisphere festival recently placed, unbeknownst to us, LIMP BIZKIT in our third slot on the festival. Seeing as the running order was a significant part of the negotiation and agreement between us and the promoter, and the fact that we had been advertised in that slot since the festival's announcement, you can imagine our surprise when we were 'told' that we would now be playing in the fourth slot, under LIMP BIZKIT, and bizarrely, it was actually expected that we would quietly move down the bill without issue. We will not.

"MACHINE HEAD turned down the U.K.'s Download festival, a festival we are very fond of — which, incidentally, had us above LIMP BIZKIT — to commit to the Knebworth festival, as we felt a closer kinship to the bands performing this year. In an effort to make this situation in Knebworth work, we have spent more than a week striving to resolve this issue in a proper manner. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

"So we have regrettably been left with no choice but to cancel our appearance rather than stand for the disrespect and indignity offered by a promoter who won't honor our agreement. While we know that our fans will be furious about this situation — as are we, beyond words — we trust that you will all understand our position, and we encourage you to voice your opinion about it as loud and clear as possible.

"The rest of our festival dates across Europe, including the other Sonisphere dates, as well as our headline of the Wacken festival remain unchanged."

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahahah

what a set of w*nkers

San Francisco metallers MACHINE HEAD have released the following statement:

"It is with the utmost disappointment that we must announce that MACHINE HEAD will not be playing the Sonisphere date at Knebworth in the U.K. on August 2.

"In a turn of events that has left us absolutely baffled, the promoter of the U.K. Sonisphere festival recently placed, unbeknownst to us, LIMP BIZKIT in our third slot on the festival. Seeing as the running order was a significant part of the negotiation and agreement between us and the promoter, and the fact that we had been advertised in that slot since the festival's announcement, you can imagine our surprise when we were 'told' that we would now be playing in the fourth slot, under LIMP BIZKIT, and bizarrely, it was actually expected that we would quietly move down the bill without issue. We will not.

"MACHINE HEAD turned down the U.K.'s Download festival, a festival we are very fond of — which, incidentally, had us above LIMP BIZKIT — to commit to the Knebworth festival, as we felt a closer kinship to the bands performing this year. In an effort to make this situation in Knebworth work, we have spent more than a week striving to resolve this issue in a proper manner. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

"So we have regrettably been left with no choice but to cancel our appearance rather than stand for the disrespect and indignity offered by a promoter who won't honor our agreement. While we know that our fans will be furious about this situation — as are we, beyond words — we trust that you will all understand our position, and we encourage you to voice your opinion about it as loud and clear as possible.

"The rest of our festival dates across Europe, including the other Sonisphere dates, as well as our headline of the Wacken festival remain unchanged."

to be honest i can see why they're angry. this is pretty amateur from the organisers, you should at least consult a band before moving another one up ahead of them, especially if it was part of the negotiations in the first place as has been said. they better get someone good to replace em, thats all i can say.

Quote from SONISPHERE: We have spent close to two weeks talking to Machine Head to try and keep them on the festival including offering them higher billing on the Saturn Stage, so that they would be performing immediately after Limp Bizkit and before NIN. They would also get a longer time slot and were offered an increase in fee. Unfortunately the band did not find this agreeable.

seems MH really are w*nkers

there are probably faults on both sides.

either way, i think it is really crap of machine head to pull out, and if sonisphere's statement is true then it's pathetic. and i'm leaning towards the sonisphere statement more - the last thing they would want now is for another band to be pulled from the lineup, so i'd imagine they would pull out all the stops to keep them on the bill.

it's of no consequence to me though. i saw them supporting metallica and just didn't really dig it at all. davidian is a great tune, but apart from that i don't care for them.

Edited by tomisnothere

there are probably faults on both sides.

either way, i think it is really crap of machine head to pull out, and if sonisphere's statement is true then it's pathetic. and i'm leaning towards the sonisphere statement more - the last thing they would want now is for another band to be pulled from the lineup, so i'd imagine they would pull out all the stops to keep them on the bill.

it's of no consequence to me though. i saw them supporting metallica and just didn't really dig it at all. davidian is a great tune, but apart from that i don't care for them.

Having read the Sonisphere announcement about how they offered MH the chance to play before NIN on the 2nd stage, that means they were prepared to push Alice In Chains down the bill. Have they got any idea what they're doing these people!!!

Sure it's not going to please Metallica too much, as they're great friends with MH!!

I'm not really a fan of MH, more of LB, tho thats besides the point. Seems a little premadonna like to me, i mean ok so they are a big band and the norm is big bands go nearer the headline. But thats not for the bands its for the crowds, for the build up through the day. I don't like that a band won't play simply because of their opinions on their stature, what happened to bringing the music to the people whenever, however. I dunno, maybe i miss the point cus im not in a band.

Uncharacteristically I'm leaning towards Sonisphere's side of things. Sure, bumping Limp Bizkit up has pissed off Machine Head. Sonisphere openly admit that was the reason; they've been uncharacteristically straight about their shortcomings, and I for one respect that. Besides, if Machine head are so angry about the way the promoters have treated them, why are they still happy to take the very same promoter's money elsewhere? They're not on the breadline, so the only explanation I can think of is that they used this as an excuse to get out of the exclusivity deal, and will shortly be announcing some gigs a few weeks after the festival.

I do think it's strange that Limp Bizkit were added to the Metallica day in the first place though, as it was the other day that needed a bit of attention. Also, I thought Metallica had a shareholding in Sonisphere? I know it's more complicated than that, but given that fact it seems strange that this was allowed to happen with this particular band.

Uncharacteristically I'm leaning towards Sonisphere's side of things. Sure, bumping Limp Bizkit up has pissed off Machine Head. Sonisphere openly admit that was the reason; they've been uncharacteristically straight about their shortcomings, and I for one respect that. Besides, if Machine head are so angry about the way the promoters have treated them, why are they still happy to take the very same promoter's money elsewhere? They're not on the breadline, so the only explanation I can think of is that they used this as an excuse to get out of the exclusivity deal, and will shortly be announcing some gigs a few weeks after the festival.

I do think it's strange that Limp Bizkit were added to the Metallica day in the first place though, as it was the other day that needed a bit of attention. Also, I thought Metallica had a shareholding in Sonisphere? I know it's more complicated than that, but given that fact it seems strange that this was allowed to happen with this particular band.

so, that's Fear Factory, Thin Lizzy, The Sword, and now Machine Head all pulled out! looking good Sonisphere! :lol:

i must admit, I did really want to go, even applied to work there but can't get the time off my actual work, but it does seem to be a bit of a comedy of errors. although it's a pretty shitty thing for Machine Head to do, and i'd be FUMING if i had a ticket, I can kinda understand where they're coming from. after being hailed as the 'metal comeback kings' on the strength of the last 2 albums, and becoming pretty massive (WAAAAY more massive than when i first saw them in '99!), i can see why they'd be a bit f**ked off at Fred and co stealing the spot!

seriously people, yes, Limp Bizkit were good at Download, but NOTHING compared to MH in '07, and does anyone REALLY think any new Limp Bizkit material is gonna be remotely as good as anything Machine Head have ever done? Limp Bizkit need to do their few shows and then f**k off again, period.

fair enough machine head were miffed, but when they replaced a7x at the metallica wembley gig they were booked below h.i.m. (who really should've moved down, there was swaying arms of v signs, the band got pelted with hotdogs, and the crowd were switching between chanting "f**k off" "f**k you" and "get the f**k off", gutted for any him fans there that day.

mh have acted in a diva-esque manner, but shows that the bookers were quite naive to not even consult them. tbh if metallica weren't involved i'd smell another zoo8 :lol:

i think this is f**king ridiculous. surely even rob (i refuse to spell it with a double :lol: flynn can see that limp bizkit reforming is a massive thing.

ah well, at the end of the day i've seen machine head 4 times, and i've wanted to see limp bizkit since about 1996. so i ain't gonna cry about it.

This has pissed me off. Machine Head, along with Limp Bizkit ironically, were the main reasons I bought a Sunday ticket, but it seems pretty bloody petty to pull out especially if Sonisphere offered them a higher slot on the other stage.

What a load of bollocks. That's my opinion of Machine Head dropped into the toilet. Stinks of an "in it for themselves" vibe as athey clearly don't give a shit about the fans. :)

I've seen Machine Head about 5 times, but was still looking forward to seeing them. This is a really shitty thing to do and I hope once they've calmed down they'll reconsider.If not I wonder if they'll try and sort out a replacement.