Queen's Head / William's Green

Guest Bristol Boy

Apologies if there has already been a thread on this topic.

What did people think of this new area?

I liked the idea of the big screens although every time I walked by they were showing "arty" films or adverts. I didn't see any highlights of the previous day's performances which I thought was planned.

I believe the rugby was shown Saturday and drew a decent crowd. Did it bring the pathways to a stop?

Maximo Park obviously drew a huge crowd to the Queen's Head which brought the area to a standstill but did any other act fill the tent? I only wandered in a few times and it was rarely even half full. The drainage has not changed from Left Field days and so on Sunday I didn't bother entering as I was in trainers by then and the mud was still very squelchy.

The Snug was either rammed to the rafters or completely empty (a pity as I'm In Love With A German Filmstar was playing at that point!).

Be interesting to see what changes there are next year, especially with a World Cup taking place. The festival will clash with the last three days of group games and first two days of knockout games with games taking place (I think, if my GMTs and BSTs are correct) at 6pm and 10.30pm.

Apologies if there has already been a thread on this topic.

What did people think of this new area?

I liked the idea of the big screens although every time I walked by they were showing "arty" films or adverts. I didn't see any highlights of the previous day's performances which I thought was planned.

I believe the rugby was shown Saturday and drew a decent crowd. Did it bring the pathways to a stop?

Maximo Park obviously drew a huge crowd to the Queen's Head which brought the area to a standstill but did any other act fill the tent? I only wandered in a few times and it was rarely even half full. The drainage has not changed from Left Field days and so on Sunday I didn't bother entering as I was in trainers by then and the mud was still very squelchy.

The Snug was either rammed to the rafters or completely empty (a pity as I'm In Love With A German Filmstar was playing at that point!).

Be interesting to see what changes there are next year, especially with a World Cup taking place. The festival will clash with the last three days of group games and first two days of knockout games with games taking place (I think, if my GMTs and BSTs are correct) at 6pm and 10.30pm.

Maybe I just can't cope with things changing much but I think I normally appreciate good intiatives like the Park but I really hated the big screen, it ruined the meeting point for me and it alays seemed to be showing the Glastonbury highlights show from the night before with two really annoying presenters. I also miss the leftfield although the new pub idea was OK I guess.

Wasn't at Glastonbury last year, but in 2007 I thought the best thing about the leftfield was the two stages! Meant there was so much on there.
Edited by whisty