So....will you be going to Glasto next year then?

Guest Vectrex

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word YES, but only if i can afford to buy a campervan,no longer enjoy the tent side of it,the long walk,pushing a fully loaded sack truck,in the soddin rain on Thursday night,sleepless nights with the guy rope twitchers...I will give it a go for a ticket,and should i not be able to afford a campervan, i will just have to get a refund.

I enjoyed this year's Glasto. But I may give it a break next year. Have done 5 Glasto's in a row now, and wouldn't mind doing something different next year like going to one of the festivals on the continent instead. As there's only so much money to spend on holidays each year along with limited time to get off work, it may well not be possible to do Glasto as well as a festival on the continent as well.

Still haven't decided yet. But there's a bit of time yet to make my mind up.

How about you lot? Definitely going to Glasto next year? Going to give it a miss next year? Or undecided?

As much as it might shock you, i wont be going next year because i dont have the funds to go to two fests next year and would rather go to reading.

• 3 weeks later...

so my missus and i have been having a big ol meeting about next year's plans - financially, holidays, all that sort of sensible stuff - and the long and short of it is we're defo going to glasto next year! bloody hell, is that a fine thing. so ive spent the last two hours scouring this site for all the pics, stories and tales that have made me well up, smile and reminisce about what is, honestly, the best place on the planet.

only 11 months!

Might keep hitting it until the 2012 break and then will reevaluate. Next year is the 40th and could be special, so I'll definitely try for tickets.

so my missus and i have been having a big ol meeting about next year's plans - financially, holidays, all that sort of sensible stuff - and the long and short of it is we're defo going to glasto next year! bloody hell, is that a fine thing. so ive spent the last two hours scouring this site for all the pics, stories and tales that have made me well up, smile and reminisce about what is, honestly, the best place on the planet.

only 11 months!

+1 from me too.

Just speaking to my buddy TSU earlier this eve, and even with having to cut back on gigs & festivals in place of doing a family holiday, I ain't gonna miss Glasto next year even if the missus & kids threaten me!!

I don't care who headlines next year cos it gonna be good anyway, and I mean even join fellow eFesters by getting down there for Tuesday rather than the usual Wednesday of last 3 years!!

Cos the company & good times with ya Festival Friends make Glasto just so worthwhile and better than life itself!

Subject to tickets, and swine flu !!! we will be going,although i think i will make the 2011 before the fallow year my last,sleeping on the ground is no longer a pleasure i enjoy,have looked at campervans..to expensive....caravans have a storage problem and trailer tents and the likes again its storage. So unless Mr Eavis rents me a room in his house or Travel Lodge build next to the site its going to be my last. I will revert to Sunday ticket's then,living near its ok....and before anyone says why if you live so near don't you just visit daily...Have you seen the traffic....and very long walks to the car,plus i could not have a drink and drive home.