Thefts

Guest emzzzzz13

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lucky so far, the closest I've got was at Leeds last year when someone tried to come in my tent. I was still half awake and called out, he made some excuse about looking for his mate Jonno and f**ked off :D Unfortunately I wasn't awake enough to comprehend what was going on and a number of tents around me got robbed :D

It's such a shame when we have threads before every fest on how to stay safe and protect our stuff, I know some people get robbed regardless, but sadly the warnings aren't heeded by so many and they end up in a bad situation :)

Those little strap things the police were giving away were fantastic, I tied one to my camera because of everything I had, that was the most important to me, especially once I'd taken loads of photos of my wonderful experience. They had a text number for the police too. I can't recommend money belts enough either, you can get ones that are like a thin bum bag which you wear under your clothes, and you can also get belts that have a tiny stash pocket where you can keep spare cash or whatever.

Someone nicked my flag (camp site flag - not annoying, view blocking flag)

Someone came up to me on the Sunday and asked how long it was going to be there, till Monday morning I replied, came back that night and it was gone, coincidence?? I thought they were just using it as a land mark...

i'm not an old 'drippy hippy' but why can't people who have £180 to spend on a ticket just go to whatever festival they choose, chill and enjoy the experience. Does it have to be, 'lets try and get our ticket money back' 'let's see what we can lift off of any unsuspecting people' don't want to go into political shit, but........and the whole thing of lifting gear on the monday, sorry, but it aint on, and if you dig deep enough, you know it too, don't you ??

I highlight that my problem was not theft, but to be woken with a scumbag laying on me trying to get my trousers which were being used as a pillow... this has freaked me out !...!!

my money was hidden

this has "feck all" to do with lock ups...

Someone nicked my flag (camp site flag - not annoying, view blocking flag)

Someone came up to me on the Sunday and asked how long it was going to be there, till Monday morning I replied, came back that night and it was gone, coincidence?? I thought they were just using it as a land mark...

a nice blacklist would make a buig change to this,

anyone caught gets taken to the copshop and put on a blacklist, so they cannot get tickets, or let them get tickets but then when they turn up dont let them in (although that would be hard aqs they just look at the ticket, ) but if they had some way to scan tickets and see 'notes' about it , it would work

and harsher punishments, but this isn't possible, when people commit far more serious crimes and get very little for them

Just an aside.... has anybody tried using bells attached to the inside of their tents as a (lame-ish) deterrent?

Obviously, a thief's goal is to get inside the tent without waking the occupant... I was wondering if jingly bells might make him (or her!) think twice...

Either that, or they'll think they've stumbled across a Hare Krishna outpost, and will start nosing around for free food.... :huh:

Just an aside.... has anybody tried using bells attached to the inside of their tents as a (lame-ish) deterrent?

Obviously, a thief's goal is to get inside the tent without waking the occupant... I was wondering if jingly bells might make him (or her!) think twice...

Either that, or they'll think they've stumbled across a Hare Krishna outpost, and will start nosing around for free food.... :huh:

Edited by ashcoates

I got my wallet robbed from right under my nose!! :huh:

Some Dick claiming to be "Neil" from North London bundled over to our campsite Sat night and sat down "hammered" and began to fall asleep.........we basically ignored him, as he was looked upon as harmless...........

After a while he shot up asked us for a can of beer...........which one of us gave him...........and he buggered off

Unknown to me, while he "slept" beside me in the chair he had spotted my wallet in a bag that was open beside the chair............He waited basically till we paid no attention to him and he lifted it...........then adding insult to injury he asked for a can on his way out of our campsite...........cheeky git!! £300 sterling and €45 in it! Xmas came early to him that night..............we did not notice until the morning so he was well gone by then!!

Shit thing about this experience is that we will tend not to trust anyone who comes over to our campsite going forward and we usually love the fact that you can mix with strange folk in your campsite at Glasto! :huh:

I can only hope it brought him bad luck and Karma kicked him in the balls for doing it!

All was not lost however............I went to the Farm the next day to report it stolen and someone had handed it in with all the cards and ID etc in it, minus the money, after it was found thrown away in the Dance Village......

I was amazed at how many people got their stuff back up at lost and found! It really works!! One wallet was even handed in with £290 in it! How cool is that?!

I should also be able to claim some cash back on travel insurance so it was defo not the end of the world! I am really glad I got the wallet (present from my girlfriend) and all my cards back!! :huh:

And "Neil" from London............if your reading this............your a c**t!

Would daily public flogging of offenders be unacceptable at Glastonbury? It would probably draw a bigger crowd than any of the opening acts from this or any other year. Or what about a good stoning? Lots of them about and free....hey one of you could set a rock shop to recoup some of your costs. If you make them cheap as Glasto chips you could make a fortune!

Seriously though, it can't have been nice for those who suffered theft and worse this or any other year but the lesson is - watch your stuff and use a lock up when you can - it will save you a lot of anxiety in the long run and also, bring less stuff you can't afford to lose.

Does anyone know how safe the Campervan fields are in general...we had no trouble and may just have been lucky in our campervan, but I didn't her of any bother from those around us either. I figured we might have been safer because we parked in plain sight of a fire warden (by chance not design). I was worried vans might be a target as people would be tempted to leave stuff behind thinking they are safe...

Just trying to assess options for next year...

I highlight that my problem was not theft, but to be woken with a scumbag laying on me trying to get my trousers which were being used as a pillow... this has freaked me out !...!!

my money was hidden

this has "feck all" to do with lock ups...

Would daily public flogging of offenders be unacceptable at Glastonbury? It would probably draw a bigger crowd than any of the opening acts from this or any other year. Or what about a good stoning? Lots of them about and free....hey one of you could set a rock shop to recoup some of your costs. If you make them cheap as Glasto chips you could make a fortune!

Seriously though, it can't have been nice for those who suffered theft and worse this or any other year but the lesson is - watch your stuff and use a lock up when you can - it will save you a lot of anxiety in the long run and also, bring less stuff you can't afford to lose.

Edited by rabid

Well gutting to have all your dosh nicked,Scumbags catch em n brand em.... :lol::D:D

One of our mates was well lucky when two girls gave us £80 he left on the ground by the brothers bar so it ain't all bad just luck of the draw.

Chairs n Gazebos and possibly flags are probably just the scallies and are probably within a 100 metre radius of where they went missing...

Re the bells/alarm thingy - my bf suggested just tying the two zips together (inner/outer) so that when they are unzipped from outside the tent would just stay closed. Does this make sense? Obviously they could still slash the tent, but less likely.

The ease of entry to tents is absurd, and maybe is something to look at for tent designers?

Re the bells/alarm thingy - my bf suggested just tying the two zips together (inner/outer) so that when they are unzipped from outside the tent would just stay closed. Does this make sense? Obviously they could still slash the tent, but less likely.

The ease of entry to tents is absurd, and maybe is something to look at for tent designers?

Yeah but clearly people do take shit they don't like losing, like money and so on. That's not a very helpful reply, and also I believe it has already been said. About a million times.