THE PRODIGY!

Guest Jackmypie

OMFG who else saw them??!!!

they were absolutely f**king amazing..

ahhh

who else was in the mosh pit?

it was my first ever time in a mosh pit.. and i gotta say.. it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life watching the prodigy!

also pendulum had a awesome mosh pit too, but no way as good as prodigy..

I Miss YOU GLASTONBURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the prodigy was the maddest gig ive been to. We were literally steaming!! I got pulled out by security after surfing for the first few songs and tried to get on stage, keith was watching, i was 10m from him and he was directly up the stairs, the best image in my mind i will never forget.

Never seen a band anywhere near as high tempo and crazy as the prodigy but words can't describe how good the prodigy experience was and it was a f****** phenomenal end to the festival, so extremely pleased I saw them, what a band and what a set!!

i loved how all the fellow glastoers that were watching, always helped you up when ever they pushed you down.. unlike places like reading and shizz

lol anyway.. yeah it was mental, i was steaming too!!!

where abouts were you guys?

i was right near the front.. but i got pushed back loads cos of the mosh

Edited by Jackmypie

I was pretty central and at the front and it was amazing, but a friend of mine was at the back, a music fan who's opinion I trust, and he commented that it seemed a little flat further out

I didn't mind as I jumped like crazy for an hour and met ssome good people, although names are a complete loss, but was a littke disappointed it finished earlier than expected.

I thouroughly enjoyed it but it could have been longer

:P

I was pretty central and at the front and it was amazing, but a friend of mine was at the back, a music fan who's opinion I trust, and he commented that it seemed a little flat further out

I didn't mind as I jumped like crazy for an hour and met ssome good people, although names are a complete loss, but was a littke disappointed it finished earlier than expected.

I thouroughly enjoyed it but it could have been longer

:(

Fantastic set and lightshow but seriously quiet if you were away from the pit. We had left it quite late to get there (having trouble escaping High Contrast!) and so were about half way between speakers and back (I'm rubbish at crowd-weaving), and it was nowhere near adjusting my heart beat the way Prodigy should. The lack of volume and bass also meant the crowd was sedate, which further lessened enjoyment.. a shame for what otherwise would have been a perfect mash-up end of Glasto..

I was to the right of the stage about level with the soundstage and the volume was insanley low, hence why the crowd were flat ferther back plenty of shouts of turn it up turrn it up. Was strange because the bass was so loud, just couldnt really hear the songs didnt really stand out or maxims commands of get the f*ck down. Performance wise it was a very good performance volumewise it was not. Last 2 prodigy gigs ive been to (V 08 and sheffield academy 08) ive been in the pit, and they are the best 2 gigs ive been to but last night there was just no energy ferther back because you carnt get moving on bass when your at a prodigy gig when your shouting along you shouldnt be able to hear your own voice it should be over powerd by noise coming from infront of you. Thats my view on things

Enjoyed them, despite being at the back, knackered and not prepared to anti-socially push through the crowd. But, the sound in the middle of the crowd (by the central light and sound tower) was low, and they playted for a surprisingly short time. Nice sing-a-long ending, but 15 seconds of that doesn't make up for everything else.

i didnt think they were as good as i thought they would be. plus they only did an hour which i thought was DREADFUL and ruined the whole vibe.

i wish i got to the pit or close tho. got stuck just in front of the camera stand.

was advised not to go as their crowd r rather mentalll and dangerous.

i didnt think they were as good as i thought they would be. plus they only did an hour which i thought was DREADFUL and ruined the whole vibe.

i wish i got to the pit or close tho. got stuck just in front of the camera stand.

was advised not to go as their crowd r rather mentalll and dangerous.

got in there 30 mins before set started...was about 10 yrds from barrier by left hand screen......really enjoyed it.......the bass during diesel power was shaking the inside of my ears/head!!

one thing for me though....seemed SO many kids/youngsters were only there for the new stuff off IMD...when the older MFTJG and FOTL stuff came on hardly anyone was sining along then "omen" or whatever comes on and everyone is singing along!

I was down in the pit and it was fecking immense, best glasto crowd ive been in. God bless the security throwing water into the crowd, it was absaloutly steaming.

Is it my imagination, or did the crowds seem more up for a bounce than in previous years? i dont seem to remember the chemical brothers crowd being as a up for it in 07', and from what ive seen on iplayer, the blur crowd looked pretty good too.

Also, seems to be a bit of a craze for flares beginning , must have been 4 or 5 during prodigy.