BACK TO LIFE, BACK TO REALITY!

Guest lemonandlime

To get that damn Soul II Soul tune out of my head now...

and NOT flying back to Oz 28 hours after leaving site!

Last year i came home after only 4 hours sleep in 48 hours and was hallucinating on the sofa when my personnel manager rang me to tell me i had an interview and could i make it today?

I had lost my voice and could barely talk and everything was shimmering in manner of sunlight on a swimming pool. Needless to say i didnt get the job.....the hash truffles eaten in the car probably didnt help either. Then back to work the next day where i proceeded to make loads of cock ups and still had no voice.

This year i have taken the whole following week off!! I never want to repeat last years horror! So me and my boyfriend will be chilling at mine or his ofr the week in the sun and booking a late deal for later in july :ph34r:

- Be glad i tidied up before i left for the festival. Nothing better than a spotless house to come back to!

- Super warm bath

- Have my favourite meal on the Monday night.

- Fire up the iPlayer / Sky+

- Lager and cider in the fridge, cold as possible.

- A handful of pre-rolled spliffs, plucked from the mountain you did pre-fest.

- Make plans to meet up with your Glasto'ers in the pub on Tuesday/Wednesday

- Write a list of stuff to do / remember to take with you for 2010

- Also, view the craploads of flickr albums for photos of vague memories in better quality than you could have taken in your state.

On the way back home, coming into the city, we find it amusing to pop into Waitrose, in wellies, possibly (hopefully not) caked in mud, with wristbands, daft hats (with sunflowers on). You get some very odd looks. Stock up on some posh food as a treat (never go there normally!), and sit around drinking and watching the recorded coverage. At some point a deep bath is inevitable, but I like to keep the grime for a while.

And this year I've booked Tuesday off, as it's just too hard to stay awake at work.

Well, I'll do the twenty minute run to my Nan's in Warminster. Always leave the site dead early on the Monday, to be greeted by Nan with the ubiquitous "Do you want a cup of tea dear?".

Realise then that the fantasy is over for another year. Hate the come down, takes me a week. Last year I went straight to Ibiza. All it did was postpone the come down and make it worse, so this year - back into work half day Tuesday.

Am already dreading the come down next year, realising that is it for a whole two years.

Send the fallow to the gallow, I say.

Monday: Bath,eat,sleep.

Tuesday: Shower,eat,sign on,look for work.

Wednesday: Shower, eat, Look for work

Thursday: Look for work

Friday: Look for work

and the same everyday till i do get some work, but while at glasto the last thing onmy mind is looking for work.