Food

Guest scappaflow

1st time I've been away for so long and just looking for some general food ideas.

Gonney pack a load of cereal bars, and hopefully make a big tub of pasta (which I like cold!).

Obviously going to sample the food down there, but would like to leave that at 1 meal a day as I could easilly go mad on take away grub.

So what scran ye all going to take? That is hopefully a bit healthier than you usual festival stuff... would prefer to leave the sausage rolls and scotch eggs for T in the Park.

My wallet...so I can indulge in the great Glastonbury Festival of Food, Cider and Ale!

Ive got a few of the those dodgy chow mien meals in a box, normally very bland but add some tabasco suace and garlic and hey presto a half decent munch for less that 2 quid :P

Cheese, bread, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken breasts, pasta, pesto, crisps and biscuits.

Most of ingredients for the Weds lunch, prob won't cook after that, Glasto food is gorgeous.

Being able to make a cheese sandwich will be good.

I took a small camping stove and tinned food to cook on it etc the first time but it was more hassle than it was worth really.

I'll be taking breakfast bars and snacks, but will buy main meals around the site. There's so much choice and variety of good food on offer at glasto, as long as you avoid the dodgy burger vans of the type you'll find at other festivals!

I fully intend to sample as much Glasto food as possible, but I will be taking a few disposable BBQs in attempt to save some pennies. I've mentioned this on another thread but I thorougly recommend taking veggie sausages/burgers for the BBQ, I'm veggie anyway, but my frriends only take fake burgers/sausages now to avoid any funny tummies..and they last longer! :P

Cereal bars, mars bars, few pot noodles, some tea and coffee stuff (I only drink tea when hungover, dunno why), probably some hartley's jellies, fizzy cola lances, maybe a rice pudding or too, all veggie!

While I am packing a mini-meths stove (literally a meths powered travel kettle), I shall be packing:

Fruit Teas

Coffee

Coffee mate

Baylies mini bottles, 2 packs

1lt Vodka

1lt Dark rum

5 catering sized packets of shortbreads (morning dunkies with coffee)

5 catering sized packets of malt/milk biccies (morning dunkies with coffee)

cereal bars

Emergancy supplies for use only in emergancy (ie if ill):

Cuppa soups, a 4 pack.

Smash

Soup and mash is my comfort food.