Wearing a dress if......

Guest sureth1ng

I have been known to wear dresses for the odd fancy dress party here and there. And to be honest I very much enjoyed it!

I have never thought about wearing one at Glastonbury Festival, however seeing as this years festival is also my stag weekend, I feel it is invevitable that the guys will force me into one.

As for if you should wear one, my response is simple - of course you should. regardless of what your mates think and regardless of if people on here think it is attention seeking.

and as for the request from sureth1ng for the boys in dresses - hows about this....

n655472789_930544_1592.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been known to wear dresses for the odd fancy dress party here and there. And to be honest I very much enjoyed it!

I have never thought about wearing one at Glastonbury Festival, however seeing as this years festival is also my stag weekend, I feel it is invevitable that the guys will force me into one.

As for if you should wear one, my response is simple - of course you should. regardless of what your mates think and regardless of if people on here think it is attention seeking.

and as for the request from sureth1ng for the boys in dresses - hows about this....

n655472789_930544_1592.jpg

No, it was a fitted dress. The bust had wishbone thingys in it.

If you notice i even went to the lengths of painting my finger an toenails!!

I wanted to wear high-heals, but the missus shoes didnt fit!!

Edited by Runner

I'm treating this year's festival as one of my stag do's and my best man has hinted that I will be required to wear a selection of dresses over the weekend. I'm not bothered though, having been going to Glastonbury for 10 years now I know I won't feel out of place, doubt I'll even get any funny looks! In fact I'm kinda looking forward to it... don't tell my fiancé though!

I'm treating this year's festival as one of my stag do's and my best man has hinted that I will be required to wear a selection of dresses over the weekend. I'm not bothered though, having been going to Glastonbury for 10 years now I know I won't feel out of place, doubt I'll even get any funny looks! In fact I'm kinda looking forward to it... don't tell my fiancé though!

There are loads of people that dress in drag, so you won't look out of place at all. To be honest you'll hardly get a second look.

If you're going to dress up you might want to try and be a bit more inventive with it. There were some great costumes last year. I saw one bunch of blokes at the Other Stage on the Thursday all dressed as monkeys apart from one that was in a banana costume. The sight of the squad of monkeys repeatedly chasing down the giant walking banana and rugby tackling it was brilliantly funny.

I always mean to try and come up with a funny fancy dress theme for our little band of Glasto-goers, but in the end it never materialises. I guess I'm just too lazy <_< I'm glad that there are lots of other people willing to try a bit harder than me though!

is it individuality? Or is it just you going with a crowd where you're able to?

Surely *real* individuality wouldn't require you asking others their opinions, and you'd not have the doubts about doing it that you've expressed here?

While not meaning to be rude, it sounds much more like a case of "look at me, I'm wacky I am" than anything to do with individuality. <_<

Nail on head hit! These days what used to be considered 'wacky' 'different' or 'out there' at the Big G is now generally just one fat cliche! Why are you doing it? Because you really really feel the need or just cos every other 'wacky' person and is and hey it's Glasto... :) Yes it is the place to let your hair down and act out some of the weird arse shit from inside your head that being back in the real world doesnt allow but try and come up with something less 'house warming fancy dress party, seen it all far too many times now' stylee.

Count on seeing lots of blokes in Scooby Doo outfits, lots of females with those ridiculously large pink afro wigs, hundreds of blokes in dresses/wedding dresses and so on.

There WAS a time when stupid festival hats actually were also quite (I say QUITE!) cool but that time has LONG gone.

Or maybe its just that I am a cynical bunny who is tired of seeing the banal cliches and can actually remember when Glasto was a place for true individuality. :lol::)

wearing womens clothing is brilliant. A nice floaty dress gives one an unimaginable sense of freedom around the swingers, especially on a hot day.

A word of warning about wearing womens undies though, they are not designed for men's undercarriage and I found my cock and balls tended to hang down either side of the pussy protector part and when teamed with a short dress you can get some funny looks

I know it is a bit of a cliche dressing up in any type of fancy dress outfit at Glasto nowadays, but I don't care. I am doing it again this year and hope to meet many more randoms because of it.

In 2007 I wore a silver lined blue cape inside which I attached over 200 white battery fairy lights sewn into the lining. When I opened up the cape the effect was awesome, particularly at night. Loads of people in the Dance Village & Stone Circle ended up borrowing it for a wear. I have to say it earned me a few friends and more than a few treats.

However it took weeks to make & I haven't got the time to do similar this year. (I still have it though, just need to replace one string of lights which broke)

I know it is a bit of a cliche dressing up in any type of fancy dress outfit at Glasto nowadays, but I don't care. I am doing it again this year and hope to meet many more randoms because of it.

In 2007 I wore a silver lined blue cape inside which I attached over 200 white battery fairy lights sewn into the lining. When I opened up the cape the effect was awesome, particularly at night. Loads of people in the Dance Village & Stone Circle ended up borrowing it for a wear. I have to say it earned me a few friends and more than a few treats.

However it took weeks to make & I haven't got the time to do similar this year. (I still have it though, just need to replace one string of lights which broke)

Nail on head hit! These days what used to be considered 'wacky' 'different' or 'out there' at the Big G is now generally just one fat cliche! Why are you doing it? Because you really really feel the need or just cos every other 'wacky' person and is and hey it's Glasto... :) Yes it is the place to let your hair down and act out some of the weird arse shit from inside your head that being back in the real world doesnt allow but try and come up with something less 'house warming fancy dress party, seen it all far too many times now' stylee.

Count on seeing lots of blokes in Scooby Doo outfits, lots of females with those ridiculously large pink afro wigs, hundreds of blokes in dresses/wedding dresses and so on.

There WAS a time when stupid festival hats actually were also quite (I say QUITE!) cool but that time has LONG gone.

Or maybe its just that I am a cynical bunny who is tired of seeing the banal cliches and can actually remember when Glasto was a place for true individuality. ;):)

I have some pics of it somewhere, but not sure where. they are probably "old school" printed photos. Will have a dig around and see if I can unearth one & get it scanned.

Oh go on then . . .I'll repair it. . . .I need to rethread the new lights into it so the wire dosn't show (it gets hidden inside the lining so only the bulbs show through)

Keep an eye out for me in it around the Stone Circle & come over & say hi and try it on :)

Edited by Arriente

Would be interested in seeing it.

I go to the Venice Carnevale in 18th century costume, and want to do a sci-fi themed version of 18th century costume one year for promenading in. Was thinking about having lights in the cloak, but unsure how best to do it.

Well, the way I made mine was to use a cheap halloween vampire cape as a pattern, use it to cut out two cape shapes, 1 from blue satin material, the other from a hologram silver material.

Then make the appropriate number of small holes in the silver to match number of lights ensuring you space them out.

Then get the battery operated lights (I used 5 sets of 20 lights) and work from one edge of the cape to the other threading the bulbs through the holes from the reverse side of the silver and stitching the hole around the bulb so they dont slip back through the hole. It looks a bit of a mess on the reverse, but you don't see it when finished. Make sure the battery part of the lights are easy to access, but secure or it is difficult to turn them on or off.

Finally sew the two cape shapes together ensuring all wiring is on the inside and voila!!

I have some pics of it somewhere, but not sure where. they are probably "old school" printed photos. Will have a dig around and see if I can unearth one & get it scanned.

Oh go on then . . .I'll repair it. . . .I need to rethread the new lights into it so the wire dosn't show (it gets hidden inside the lining so only the bulbs show through)

Keep an eye out for me in it around the Stone Circle & come over & say hi and try it on :)