neil young - why should i see him

Guest crashnburn

Seriously, and I know you wont believe this - I would'nt either - but its true.

Twice today, I have tried to reply to this thread but have just given up as I can't explain in words just how important Neil Young is to music.

I am into LOADS of bands, but the variety Neil puts out covers the widest range of moods and emotions from the lonesome ballads (Birds) to the rocking energised overdriven guitar music (Act Of Love) to the pure singalong songs such as (Heart Of Gold). Add on top of that the fact that Neil is basicly 2 artists in one - an unplugged and acoustic genius to a lost-in-music man grinding the plecs along the electric guitar as if his soul depended on it.

There are Neil Young songs that whenever I hear them just stop me in my tracks and make me think about things. There are Neil Young songs that whenever I hear them I want to just turn it up to 11 and rock my body 'til I get whiplash.

Thats why you should see him! ;-)

MrPloppy

He's headlining at the Isle of Wight fest in a week or two, and that's usually well covered on tv,

so you could brush up on him before Glasto kicks off.

Don't really know too much of his stuff but I'll be watching him as I think it'll be one of those Glasto

moments when he plays Heart of Gold and like a hurricane.