on site cctv

Guest fullalove

i thought it might be a condition,

does the management of the cctv give the locations of the cameras?

and who list is veiwing them?

i think I'm right in saying that t6he cctv towers used to be shown on the site map - I've not looked at this year's to see if they're still shown.

They're viewed by 'gold command' I believe - which I think is the likes of Melvin Benn and his site management team, along with the police, fire, etc.

cctv is rubbish! You're told you're caught on it a certain amount of times a day, but when you really need it, you're not there!!

I got into a bit of trouble on a night out and it wasn't caught on tape!! I was so annoyed. I don't know anyone who has been helped out by cctv.

I suppose it makes people feel safer, but it's too late anyway if anything did happen.

is there realistically anything that can be done if a crowd builds up in an area tho?? e.g. after winehouse and before jay z at the pyramid where the crush was pretty bad

yep - in circumstances where necessary, they can have stewards in place re-directing or stopping people within a few seconds.

Any CCTV operators will have to hold a valid PSS license which is only attained after a lot of vetting and a four day training course.

The site CCTV is used in a positive way, examples of which have already been mentioned.

CCTV is a tool that the control room can use to gauge crowd movements and react as required (delaying the start of a set or deploying further resources to a busy area etc).

Most CCTV cameras will be used to monitor the fenceline to try and spot anyone trying to get over the fence. Most of people caught last year spotted in the no-mans land between the two fences. If stopping people getting in saves the festival, then I have no objections.

People dislike CCTV for various reasons, but the best example I have was when the team I was in (in a large shopping and leisure centre) detained a known pickpocket who was recorded on CCTV stealing a woman's purse. When I returned the purse to the woman, she stated that she had never been a fan of the cameras but now understood why they are a very useful tool in reducing crime and disorder.

They have a new facial recognition programme implemented into them, everyone who visits stone circle will automatically have their face captured which will then be rapidly crosschecked against the national database.

If your face is matched to one with a criminal record for selling drugs, you will then be monitored disgreetly while at the stones ... should you arouse suspicion, a plain clothed police officer will stealthly shadow your every movement. :(