What new acts are you getting into?

Guest lianne and craig

When the lineup was announced i scanned through and it made me wanna try some new stuff out. It may not be new to some of you but some of the acts i had never heared of until the lineup.

Today i listened to the King Blues- If punk never happened. Twas very good. (put me in mind of the streets, but much more powerful vocals)

What new music have you discovered since the lineup being announced? Could you give a review?? I am really interested in other peoples thoughts on some of the lesser known acts. :P

Has to be Animal Collective on the park stage, Friday night - clashes with Neil Young tho. But they are amazing live - sounds like your listening to ten different songs at the same time but it all comes together nicely.

Another tip for the park stage would be M Ward (Sat night). Sublime brilliance

- followed of course by Bon Iver - superb. However that clashes with The Boss - damn. Mind you Bon Iver playing on the Sun night other stage too. Aw maan, there's just too much stuff!!!!

:rolleyes:

This. Although I've known about them and had the album for a while. To me this is how the Killers last album should have sounded rather than the europop nonsense they released!

Back to the original topic, there's not much on the bill that I havent heard of or don't have on my itunes but I have been listening to a lot more Springsteen and Young than ever and also revisited my Best Of Nick Cave album (along with buying Dig Lazurus Dig). There's a quite a bit that I've tried that I can't stand though like Metronomy, Florence, Passion Pit, Friendly Fires, Big Pink etc who seem to be getting plenty of praise in many "indier than thou" circles. Some music these days is just too "bleepy" for my liking and WTF happened to Bloc Party since their first album?

I agree 100% They're The Killers, plus punk, plus awesome. And as for Bloc Party, they released 2 more albums. A Weekend in The City is definately worth a look (their 2nd), but Intimacy (their third) I thought was crap.

yeah i thought two as well but i'm on their mailing list and they say three woohoo!

WHITE LIES CONFIRMED FOR THREE SHOWS AT GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2009

White Lies will be playing three different shows at Glastonbury this year.

The shows are: Friday 26th June at 3:45pm on The Other Stage, Saturday 27th at 9:40pm on the John Peel Stage and Sunday 28th June in the Guardian Lounge at 12pm.

:lol:

Edited by steve269

They're gonna be as busy as the Young Knives were last year...I swear they're still sat behind a bush playing somewhere on the site now

They're not really new, but the recent Metric album has been growing on me.

Seth Lakeman! I started listening to him a few weeks ago when I saw his name on the rumour line-up and absolutely loved him straight away. Now I've been listening to him nonstop and can't wait to see him! Turns out a few of my friends have liked him for years!

Also, I was completely shocked/surprised to see that Regina Spektor's playing! I've always liked her but never really listened to much of her stuff before so downloaded her albums the other day and now absolutely love her! Definitely one of the artists I'm most looking forward to seeing :rolleyes:

will second the king blues, caught them at camden crawl along with frankmusik who did a good set, oh and them young scallywags status quo

I am completely obsessed with The Gaslight Anthem at the moment...can't stop listening to them, and even when I'm not the songs are still going around in my head...

Good to see support for Fight Like Apes too, nice people, they used to live with one of my mates, well, Mary Kate did...(I even have a copy of their first demo when they were called soft cuddly toys!...Fight Like Apes is a much better name tho!)...