age/first RandL/do you like the lineup?

Guest robsadler

as there has been discussion and debate over the age of people, how long they have attended the festival and if that equates to their opinion of the lineup, i thought i would create a thread!

i am 26, my first RandL festival was reading in 2000 and i am pretty happy with the lineup! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean, every time I see someone in an old Reading hoodie I always look at the line-up and wish I was there! I'm 20 and it's my first proper year of Reading (went for the Metallica day last year) and I think the line-up is pretty good, even if it's nowhere near as good as last year's. Luckily I was at PinkPop last year that had most of last year's line-up that I missed out on :-P
Edited by Messiah Jason

I'm 27, my first Leeds was 99.

The line up is ok for me but definately one of the weaker ones for bands I enjoy.#

Although over the past few years The Dance stage has been more importent to me so I'm still hopefull of some surprises.

im an old bastard of 39 and been going to reading for 9 years but going to festivals for 20 years and this years reading line up is by some distance the worst for me personally(please note i said me personally,i didnt say it was a statement of fact).out of the entire line up i only like 4 bands but i accept that maybe the festival isnt aimed at my style of music anymore and maybe i should be going to download or sonisphere from now on.its a shame cos the reason i liked reading ahead of the other festivals ive been to is because it didnt cater to a particular music style and would have something for everyone so you could go with a gang of mates who didnt like the same music as you.next year when i go to download/sonishere instead i'll only be able to go with my 'rock/metal' mates.but i accept that r/l are obviously doing the right thing cos it's sold out again this year and i know there will be a very long queue of people ready to replace me next year.(yes i am aware of the ironic possibility of next year being the best line up in history and i'll be kicking myself that i havent got a ticket,ha ha)

Been going since 2004 and pretty disappointed this year. There's a fair few bands that are interesting enough (Deftones and Radiohead mainly) but so many that have played before, that predictably get shoved further up the bill from last time regardless of whether they've gained in popularity from previous years. Hopefully the Carling Tent will have some less obvious choices :lol:

I'm 20.

Did a day trip in 2004, first proper one was 2005.

Obviously still looking forward to the festival (else I'd be an idiot to be going). But for me this is the worst lineup since I've been going. In fairness the main stage in 2004 was worse- 4 acts I hated, plus The Offspring, who were touring S******r, and Green Day, who were about to release George Bush. That said, the concrete jungle was one of the best we've had, and that was why I was there.

18.2008(but lustful of going every year since about 03). Yes I am looking forward to the lineup.

If it wasn't for Radiohead, I probably wouldn't be so excited - I dislike both Kings and AM - but I think there's some great NME stage acts this year, and the tent has a better atmosphere anyway. And since I'm generally uncool and don't spend much time keeping up with the shiny shiny *new* music these days, it's nice to see old favs (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Placebo, Brand New) mixed in with a lot of bands-I've-been-meaning-to-listen-to-but-haven't-had-much-of-a-chance (apart-from-a-single-here-and-there.)

24 /

2009 will be my first Reading as I'm travelling from Australia /

I love the lineup, I think I'll be at the lockup stage all day! I stlll think 2007/2008 lineups were better over it though... still not like I can be at all stages at once anyway

I'm 29.

I've been to every Reading since '97, but only going for the Friday this year.

I thought the overall lineup was poor originally (hence only getting a day ticket) but Saturday's Lockup is the best for years and the additions for Friday have pleased me. That said, the bands I want to see, I've seen loads of times before and the bands I haven't seen, I have no interest in (apart from Manchester Orchestra).

Age of my first Leeds? Or my current age?

Anyway:

I'm 20

First Leeds was 2005 (I got ill and left on the friday night and had to get my appendix out, I was 15)

This years line up is definitely the worst line up of the years i have been going but I only ever see a few bands and most of the time I'm not actually that bothered about who I see but I bought my ticket through hope that Black Lips will headline the Carling Tent (which after the last announcement i feel is looking pretty likely). The only other bands I want to watch are Radiohead, Brand New, The Horrors and Deftones, ESPECIALLY Deftones.

23 / 2003 / I'm coming round to the lineup and I'm liking the additions to the R1 stage. Last year I only saw 4 acts on it over the weekend with only 7 that I'd considered seeing. This year there's 5 or 6 bands already announced for it that I really want to see with another 4 or 5 that I'd like to see and that's without the three months left before the festival to get in to some of the other bands on there. I think overall the mainstage isn't too much different in terms of quality - just the style of it is different from last years, especially with the headliners.