what the f**k

Guest falkirk bairn

i dont know what it is..

but i like her.

my bf HATES her.

but theres just somthing about her...theres not many women in the 'pop' world who will speak her mind (no matter how shit that mind might be) sooo i dont know..i respect her slightly. (or i just have a thing for girls with abit of attitude...lol)

her music isnt that bad.....

Edited by Rachie

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love her or hate her she'll draw a massive crowd. Contrast this to Brian Jonestown Massacre on the Pyramid Sunday last year early afternoon. I know hardly any of you were there, because there couldn't have been more than 300 people in the audience (it was a bizarre sight, and a band I'd looked forward to). They got none of the abuse poor (not financially) Lily is getting prior to the event. She's popular, accept it!

:lol: Aye I know, I'm still slightly suspicious that he's taking the piss. Never known a 17 year old have such an obsession with a pop star, or call her a "princess".

I hated her first album, The Fear is a great tune, but she's resumed her old form with the new one.

She did a good job filling the field in 2007, can't see it being much different this year.

I have to say, I was pretty none plussed about her before Glasto 07, in fact I might have thought her shit... BUT, I saw her at The Park when she filled in for the missing in action MIA, and she bowled me over. You never know, you might like her. Also, it's not fair to say her music is devoid of meaning - you mightn't like the meaning, or enjoy it, but she has some pretty clever and insightful lyrics. Each to their own. In times like these, I have a saying.... "Hey, at least it's not Razorlight!"

I saw her at a motorway services on the way to Glastonbury in (I think) 2007 - what struck me was she was actually very down to earth, not at all "above it" or thinking she was god. Just looked like one of the thousands of others on their way to Glasto with a group of mates chatting very amiably with people that approached her.

I caught part of her set that year - it was OK, nothing particularly memorable but I do think her new stuff is very catchy - I loved The Fear (and as a 40 year old rock fan I'm probably not her main target demographic!!)

I saw her at a motorway services on the way to Glastonbury in (I think) 2007 - what struck me was she was actually very down to earth, not at all "above it" or thinking she was god. Just looked like one of the thousands of others on their way to Glasto with a group of mates chatting very amiably with people that approached her.

I caught part of her set that year - it was OK, nothing particularly memorable but I do think her new stuff is very catchy - I loved The Fear (and as a 40 year old rock fan I'm probably not her main target demographic!!)

For me it's just an intuitive dislike in the same vein as Avril Lavigne or Shania Twain. Oh, and the songs.

I can appreciate she'd be popular though, as are the other two of course.

For me it's just an intuitive dislike in the same vein as Avril Lavigne or Shania Twain. Oh, and the songs.

I can appreciate she'd be popular though, as are the other two of course.

You wouldn't, but others do...which is fine, you just have to learn to accept peoples opinions that differ from yours :D Except Scouting for Girls fans - they are always wrong and their opinions are automatically shit.

For the record, I quite like Lily Allen

I'm a little bemused by this thread. Pop has it's place at Glasto, she's had two number one albums and she writes her own stuff - that would be enough to merit the slot she's got I'd say.

I'm not a fan, by the way.

Edited by sifimaster

This man knows....her lyrics for her most recent song could have been written by a retarded child with crayons on a boat in the middle of the atlantic with sharks on his arms and a weird rapist child catcher behind the child setting him on fire while the boat is sinking and crayons getting wetter until the point that it looks like somebody has thrown up crayon juice on a peice of paper........

then lily allen got hold of it and made it into a song.

Edited by sifimaster

f**k musical intellect.

Id much rather have a bit of fun, than analyze every lyric, and I know that il be having great fun in the sunshine with Lilly, waiting for the Specials.

Not to mention the fact that she does actually have some quite intelligent lyrics anyway, but there's nothing at all wrong with a good catchy pop song :P

I like a lot of pop music and generally don't have a problem with slightly weak lyrics and suchlike, but I do think that Lily Allen has been quite deft in the way she's managed to sell herself. Her music is fulll of piss-weak hooks and pretty cringeworthy lyrics, and yet she's got genuine critical acclaim from a lot of sectors, so fair play to her.