bands you'll be ignoring

Guest edgar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays announcement was just an excuse for me to spend more time at the bar so I'll sere you there <_<

What a Jip, Heaven and Hell ffs, if I'd wanted to watch a load of old has beens I'd have bought a Sunday ticket for Download.

It goes to show how high peoples expectations were for the second slot. Tool, FNM, Slipknot, Offspring, Rammstein, blink 182, disturbed. Everyone was well off and in future should reset their expectations!

Seriously Blink182 would have made you happy. They are pretty awful, and are touring anyways (with eu fests in mind for 2010) and FNM and slipknot are already playing Download. Dont get why people want them so bad as they can see them at Download if they were that keen. Id rather we had different bands.

I think H&H do count as a quality act, they are very influential, and therefore definetly deserve their place - more so than alot of the above listed bands.

I have been into metal for well over a decade and a half and never heard of them til recently. Never heard of them, never heard any of their stuff. That must be the wide reaching appeal and influence they have. The fact i don't know a single song of theirs.

And if not knowing any of their stuff means I'm not really into metal, then I'm cool with that!! Revolk my license!!

I have been into metal for well over a decade and a half and never heard of them til recently. Never heard of them, never heard any of their stuff. That must be the wide reaching appeal and influence they have. The fact i don't know a single song of theirs.

And if not knowing any of their stuff means I'm not really into metal, then I'm cool with that!! Revolk my license!!

Far, far, far closer to Rose Tattoo than AC/DC.

And anyone who is at the bar for Heaven and Hell can hand in their metal liscence at the nearest exit. :)

By far the best announcement for me since the first bands, although Fear Factory is awesome too.

I'll be at the bar for Linkin, Taking Back Shitty Sunday and the Used though.

Not sure about Coheed, caught a bit of their set at Reading a couple of years ago and wasn't very impressed, was outside the tent looking in though. Anyone recommend some tracks to download?

I'm by no means a Blink 182 fan but at least you could have a bit of fun to them and they have songs people know, what songs do Black Sabbath without Ozzy Heaven and Hell have. :)

Heaven and Hell play to half full arena's? NIN are a much bigger band not only in the UK but worldwide and iboth currently in years to come will be looked upon as influlential than H & H.

To be honest, and this honestly isn't me being snidey or arrogant at all, but if you've managed to be into metal for over ten years and never even heard anything from the Heaven And Hell album then there's absolutely no way you've made any serious effort to dig into the genre.

Thats correct. I'm not the kind of guy that lives the scene. I listen to metal when it suits me and listen to the kind of music I like. But then I subject myself to enough opprortunities to hear new metal over the years and had never heard of them. And as with Edgar, I have never really digged sabbath. Saw them live and thought they were ok. cerainly not outstanding. :P

And besides. Should i have to make a serious effort to dig metal? :D

I think you will be suprised by the amount of people who haven't heard any of their stuff. In fact i am yet to meet anyone who has heard of them pre their dl self confirmation.

Thats correct. I'm not the kind of guy that lives the scene. I listen to metal when it suits me and listen to the kind of music I like. But then I subject myself to enough opprortunities to hear new metal over the years and had never heard of them. And as with Edgar, I have never really digged sabbath. Saw them live and thought they were ok. cerainly not outstanding.

And besides. Should i have to make a serious effort to dig metal? ;)

I think you will be suprised by the amount of people who haven't heard any of their stuff. In fact i am yet to meet anyone who has heard of them pre their dl self confirmation.