Stage Sizes

Guest Ali___

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

done a little bit of maths, there's 177,500 people there with 135,000 paying punters = 42,500 staff/performers.

if half the staff/performers are onsite but not working (the other half either offsite or working onsite) then we have a crowd of 156,250 (135,000 + 21,250).

so 156,250 - 90,000 - 30,000 - 5,000 = 31,250 split between the other stages and at campsites.

that sounds about right to me for a total guess ;)

Edited by pezzypops

The Pyramid can hold around 75,000 people, The other up to 40,000 which is about the same size that reading and leeds mainstage can hold. The john peel probably up to 10,000 which is probably the same size as the brixton academy. This is just a guess but I know for a fact that glastos main stage can hold more than reading and leeds main stage can hold just to give you an idea of the sheer size of the place. I'm not saying that that by any means states that Glasto is better than reading and leeds because I have never been but Glasto is genuinely bigger.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

Well, its a known fact that the Reading and Leeds main stages are the same sizes as Glastonburys Other Stage, in fact they actually hire Glasto's Other Stage, EXACTLY the same one, As their main stage hahahaha.

So, That should give people an idea of scale.

AND... Glastonbury is FARRRRRRRRRRRRR better than Reading or Leeds, thats for your info BlackHole ;)

Well, its a known fact that the Reading and Leeds main stages are the same sizes as Glastonburys Other Stage, in fact they actually hire Glasto's Other Stage, EXACTLY the same one, As their main stage hahahaha.

ISTR that the expanded JP was 8k last year. I'm sure when I last went in 2005 it was waaay smaller!

As to it being rammed for Doves, I'm really not sure. Their fanbase seems to be big, but at the same time nearly invisible (if we forget the thread here ;) ). But with a new album, good reviews, and a very strong loyalty amongst the committed, it could well be mega busy.

On the other hand, 8k though... 1 in 20ish... Seems like a tall order.

The Pyramid can hold around 75,000 people, The other up to 40,000 which is about the same size that reading and leeds mainstage can hold. The john peel probably up to 10,000 which is probably the same size as the brixton academy. This is just a guess but I know for a fact that glastos main stage can hold more than reading and leeds main stage can hold just to give you an idea of the sheer size of the place. I'm not saying that that by any means states that Glasto is better than reading and leeds because I have never been but Glasto is genuinely bigger.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

As to it being rammed for Doves, I'm really not sure. Their fanbase seems to be big, but at the same time nearly invisible (if we forget the thread here ;) ). But with a new album, good reviews, and a very strong loyalty amongst the committed, it could well be mega busy.