who would you like as fr tent headliner?

Guest thetime

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

65daysofstatic (though I feel like I say that every year).

Los Campesinos! would be great to have back, though I doubt they've got big enough to do it.

Secret Machines would be immense, similarly Patrick Wolf.

British Sea Power would be good as well.

Of course, I say this, but as I'm hoping for Rise Against to be headlining the lock-up against either Arctic Monkeys or Kings of Leon, and I'll not miss Radiohead so there's likely to be only one night where I'd seriously entertain the idea of seeing the headliner.

Thinking on it, 6 years of the festival, and I've only ever seen one headliner in there.

MIA wont she's in the states and WAY to big, I'd think she would headline NME or be like 3rd on Mainstage, she's huge nowadays..

Also Animal Collective are surely way to big? I expect them to have the slot Last Shadow Puppets played last year..

I may just be completely delusional about the size of those aforementioned bands.

BUT, in answer to the original question i would like:

The Fall, Yo La Tengo, Albert Hammond Jr again, Beirut, Bon Iver, No Age, Joan Of Arc (they definitely deserve it, i'm not sure how big they are. They're playing a gig in Liverpool for $6 pretty shocking)

^any of these.

MIA wont she's in the states and WAY to big, I'd think she would headline NME or be like 3rd on Mainstage, she's huge nowadays..

Also Animal Collective are surely way to big? I expect them to have the slot Last Shadow Puppets played last year..

I may just be completely delusional about the size of those aforementioned bands.

BUT, in answer to the original question i would like:

The Fall, Yo La Tengo, Albert Hammond Jr again, Beirut, Bon Iver, No Age, Joan Of Arc (they definitely deserve it, i'm not sure how big they are. They're playing a gig in Liverpool for $6 pretty shocking)

^any of these.

They most certainly have grown in popularity

They just released what the critics are already calling one of the albums of the year. Its already made it into a couple of '100 greatest indie albums of all time' list and in Amazons is was something like 30. BBC Radio 6 are fully bumming Merriweather aswell.

It was so hard to get tickets to their Liverpool gig, I've never seen so many people relying on touts for tickets for a gig before. We paid 30notes each off touts and that was just as the doors were shutting.

I reckon they've atleast doubled in popularity since last time solely on the success of Merriweather Post Pavilion.

They most certainly have grown in popularity

They just released what the critics are already calling one of the albums of the year. Its already made it into a couple of '100 greatest indie albums of all time' list and in Amazons is was something like 30. BBC Radio 6 are fully bumming Merriweather aswell.

It was so hard to get tickets to their Liverpool gig, I've never seen so many people relying on touts for tickets for a gig before. We paid 30notes each off touts and that was just as the doors were shutting.

I reckon they've atleast doubled in popularity since last time solely on the success of Merriweather Post Pavilion.

Super Furry Animals.

They headlined the New Band Stage at Oxegen and TITP in 2005 which is roughly the same size as the FR stage and they've hardly been setting the world alight in the four years since (although why not is beyond me as they are a great band).

Happy Mondays, maybe less likely as they're doing V (although bands playing smaller stages at both fests in the same year has happened before). They're just one of those bands I've always wanted to play Leeds.

Both would make a very very nice alternative to Radiohead or Arctic Monkeys. B)

Edited by VCK