Strong Rumours that fell though ?

Guest sdaveak47

Every year this website is pretty good at getting the line up right, but theres always few acts that just seem to vanish into thin air after being strongly rumoured for ages.

Just wondered which strongly rumoured acts have you been most gutted by when they fell through, or what currently rumoured acts would most annoy you most if they fell off the rumoured list ?

This year it looks like we've already "lost" Fleetwood Mac , Orbital and maybe Nick Cave too, I'll be gutted when The White Stripes inevitably fall off the rumours list, but i never really thought they were going to play anyway.

My mate is convinced Judas Priest are always a strong rumour !

But they fall off at the beginning of June , cos Eavis will not let Halford ride his Harley onto the Pyramid

Stage.

2009- Eavis make it happen !

:(

I agree with you on White Stripes. As far as Fleetwood Mac go - I decided to watch Bjork instead of the Monkeys because I was seeing them in July and 'would never pay to go and see one of' her gigs. About a quarter of the way through her set and with my wife by then thoroughly depressed we legged it round to the Pyramid for the Arctic Monkeys. My point being there is usually a reason you wouldn't pay to see someone. Granted that's not always the case

Every year this website is pretty good at getting the line up right, but theres always few acts that just seem to vanish into thin air after being strongly rumoured for ages.

Just wondered which strongly rumoured acts have you been most gutted by when they fell through, or what currently rumoured acts would most annoy you most if they fell off the rumoured list ?

This year it looks like we've already "lost" Fleetwood Mac , Orbital and maybe Nick Cave too, I'll be gutted when The White Stripes inevitably fall off the rumours list, but i never really thought they were going to play anyway.

Stripes were set in stone for me until Jack annouced The Dead Weather. I'd expect The Dead Weather to play at glasto but i will look over the programme for an Alius in the hope Jack decides to bring meg along to play a secret show at the festival.

Stripes are back in full next year though so maybe a headline act somewhere for them 5 years on from their last.

Stripes were set in stone for me until Jack annouced The Dead Weather. I'd expect The Dead Weather to play at glasto but i will look over the programme for an Alius in the hope Jack decides to bring meg along to play a secret show at the festival.

Stripes are back in full next year though so maybe a headline act somewhere for them 5 years on from their last.