Vango Peace Tepee

Guest themuel

Hey Everyone

I've seen this tent in my local camping shop and I've accidentally fallen in love with it! However before I go all stupid and buy it for festivals and beach camping etc I want to know if it actually stands up to any serious weather. I'm intrigued to know how it holds up to strong winds and heavy rain. Do people think it would actually survive a wet glastonbury?

All help and advice gratefully received, as much as I love impulse buying, I can't really afford to be buying something that is going to turn out to be crap! (I do love how roomy it is though..!)

Sam

Vango Peace Tepee

Just a variation on the igloo (I remember when it was all A-frame tents, and only a couple of igloos to be seen on site). I expect to see lots of these at Glasto, espcially since it is pyramid shaped! Looks no worse than the igloo for withstanding weather though - perhaps the sides may catch a bit more wind than an igloo and therefore needs tying down well. Really, need to look at its hydrostatic figure - else get some additional waterproofer. Groundsheet looks high enough to avoid flooding if mud rivers emerge.

just looked at the specs and the hydrostatic head is only 1500mm so it would withstand a decent shower but not any serious heavy rain.

Saying that though, I have a brilliant little tent that is only 1500mm and every now and then give it a decent spray with some waterproof spray and it has handled almost biblical weather.

I say go for it, longs as it aint too expensive...