Anyone working there this year?

Guest NewRecruit

Is anyone else working there this year?

I am for Oasis Carnival Club this year looking to see if anyone else is?

I will be driving Ipswich stopping over in Bristol and getting there for the monday before it all kicks off for my first shift, so if anyone needs lifts can do =]

I'm thinking of doing a bit of manwhoring if that counts. I'm going to offer my services to lonely, middle aged divorcee ravers who're unhappy with how they're being treated by their ex-husband in the Dance Village and offer to accompany them to the more indie aspects of the festival. Get that spark of something different into their life.

Edited by TheBoyInTheBubble

I've applied to do stewarding again this year and just had my training this Saturday, past. All very exciting, I could almost smell it!

Bit of a change tho' this year as I've given up the pleasures of the Dance Village, in favour of Shangri La.

Should be much more interesting than standing in front of a bass speaker for 8 hours a day. That is, assuming I'm selected. (Applications exceed places! YIKES!)

I'm thinking of doing a bit of manwhoring if that counts. I'm going to offer my services to lonely, middle aged divorcee ravers who're unhappy with how they're being treated by their ex-husband in the Dance Village and offer to accompany them to the more indie aspects of the festival. Get that spark of something different into their life.

Stewarding for Oxfam again. Did it for my last few glastonburys but haven't been since 2005.

Was originally just going to go as a punter, but decided couldn't afford it. 175 quid might seem a fair bit of money, over $500 just sounds so much worse. Plus, back in the UK for a month so its going to be very expensive, figured this was one way I could save some cash.

• 1 month later...
I think I know, but wanted some form of confirmation. I always have camped on the Big Ground, bar my first one in '95 in a field behind the Big Ground which is now staff area (and possibly Tom's Field?).

I don't know what to expect as a worker, really. I'm looking forward to testing the free grub though.

this might be daft, but what counts as working :lol: and when do workers get access.......... the last greenfield event i worked at i was living on site 31 days prior and 2 weeks after.... lol... but i guess my questions more to do with "more temporary workers"

thanks