a BIG surprise

Guest dirty pretty libertine

The organisers said the year before last that they asked Tenacious D but Jack Black couldnt commit as he was doing some lame ass film. Then like a two months before the bands were released someone claimed they knew Tenacious D were playing.

I had them in my predictions, wasn't that much of a shock.

I can't see there being a major shock that everyone will love this year. Its pretty obvious who is going to headline and the few who have been knocked around for second headliner are all pretty standard so unless they spice it up and suprise us there then I cannot see a big shock.

The suprise is even though they are claiming on the posters published in the last week that they are the biggest ROCK festival in the world, this year is going to be indie pop festival only apart from the lock up stage.

Going off the various threads on here and the hundreds of posts, there could be a lot of angry people on here come the 30th if it comes true.

The suprise is even though they are claiming on the posters published in the last week that they are the biggest ROCK festival in the world, this year is going to be indie pop festival only apart from the lock up stage.

Going off the various threads on here and the hundreds of posts, there could be a lot of angry people on here come the 30th if it comes true.

The organisers said the year before last that they asked Tenacious D but Jack Black couldnt commit as he was doing some lame ass film. Then like a two months before the bands were released someone claimed they knew Tenacious D were playing.

I had them in my predictions, wasn't that much of a shock.

I can't see there being a major shock that everyone will love this year. Its pretty obvious who is going to headline and the few who have been knocked around for second headliner are all pretty standard so unless they spice it up and suprise us there then I cannot see a big shock.

Good point

It wasnt a shock. Every band that Mr Benn mentioned during an interview just after the 2007 festival played in the 08 one.

I really think that we may get a little shock though, Blink seems a good choice

Would make sense if mean fiddler was going for Green Day, Offspring, Blink but then Green Day pull so they ask Radiohead to go their instead

I don't believe Blink would play 3rd, if Offspring are really second. I think when bands reform they don't end up on the Reading line up that soon, which is why I think Blink are certain for 2010 but not this year.

I can see surprises but nothing mind-blowing. If I'm going to go for someone breath taking then it'd be Deftones 3rd on Sunday, but I guess you can't guess a surprise :unsure:.

I don't believe Blink would play 3rd, if Offspring are really second. I think when bands reform they don't end up on the Reading line up that soon, which is why I think Blink are certain for 2010 but not this year.

I can see surprises but nothing mind-blowing. If I'm going to go for someone breath taking then it'd be Deftones 3rd on Sunday, but I guess you can't guess a surprise :rolleyes:.

Ha ha, yeah it was a little tongue in cheek but lets be honest, when Lostprophets and Fall Out Boy appear likely for the rock/heavier day then you know there is going to be a problem of keeping regulars happy.

Thats said it is only assumptions and guessing at the moment and who knows, the likes of Rancid, Offspring, Weezer, Jane's Addiction who look feasible or any of the bands on Lithium's thread etc may make the line up and make it seem worthwhile that I paid for a ticket 12 months in advance.

I don't like moaning, I want to enjoy and look forward to a great rock festival.

seeing as last year at reading the sunday line up ended up being

metallica

tenacious d

feeder

Dropkick Murphys

Plain White T's

Alexisonfire

Mindless Self Indulgence

Bring Me The Horizon

with only, serj tankian, rage against the machine biffy clyro and bullet for my valentine the only other bands with good slots taking up the other stages and days on NME and Main. I dont think last year was particularly rocky.

seeing as last year at reading the sunday line up ended up being

metallica

tenacious d

feeder

Dropkick Murphys

Plain White T's

Alexisonfire

Mindless Self Indulgence

Bring Me The Horizon

with only, serj tankian, rage against the machine biffy clyro and bullet for my valentine the only other bands with good slots taking up the other stages and days on NME and Main. I dont think last year was particularly rocky.

Ha ha, yeah it was a little tongue in cheek but lets be honest, when Lostprophets and Fall Out Boy appear likely for the rock/heavier day then you know there is going to be a problem of keeping regulars happy.

Thats said it is only assumptions and guessing at the moment and who knows, the likes of Rancid, Offspring, Weezer, Jane's Addiction who look feasible or any of the bands on Lithium's thread etc may make the line up and make it seem worthwhile that I paid for a ticket 12 months in advance.

I don't like moaning, I want to enjoy and look forward to a great rock festival.