Anyone traveling from local area? Who is the nearest?

Guest Wickedfaerie

Not me, but I remember when Los Campesinos! were on stage last year they explained how they were all local boys (and girls), was pretty cool to hear the lead chappie pointing out each band member and saying that they live four miles over there, couple of miles in this direction etc..

Thanks very much for having us every year, local peeps :)

Not me, but I remember when Los Campesinos! were on stage last year they explained how they were all local boys (and girls), was pretty cool to hear the lead chappie pointing out each band member and saying that they live four miles over there, couple of miles in this direction etc..

Thanks very much for having us every year, local peeps :lol:

i've only ever been in pilton once but i got the impression most of the locals hate us... especially the little old lady in the shop, i politely asked her for a packet of cigarettes but the look she gave me you would have thought i'd asked if i could cook up some smack on her counter :lol:

Disagree

Worked the festival loads of times, and always use the village store and the Crown Inn in Pilton and we are always welcome.

In fact got very friendly with the bar staff in the pub, so much so we got them freebies for Reading as they wanted to come.

Nice to be nice :lol:

I haven't lived here long, but the village is very much split over their feelings about the festival. Most of the people I've met though are positive about it.

LOL about the lady in the shop! Don't worry, I think she's like that all the time - well at least she is with me too - but I do look like a festival-goer. The gentleman who works there is very nice though.

A few years back the Sunday Times Property Section had a house for sale in Pilton !

For about £6m !!! - a lovely stone georgian mansion

I guess you could see a Pedestrian Gate from it , owt to do with you ?

:ph34r: