The Springsteen Warm-Up Thread

Guest Jens Wildman

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of a two night stand in New Jersy..

A very "standard set list".. Lost In the flood was set listed, but not played, that would have been something :rolleyes:

But, any show that has Badlands into Adam, and Thunder Road --> Jungleland is a good show in my book..

Setlist:

Badlands

Adam Raised a Cain

Outlaw Pete

Radio Nowhere

She's the One

Working on a Dream

Seeds

Johnny 99

The Ghost of Tom Joad

Raise Your Hand

Growin' Up

I'm Goin' Down

Prove It All Night

Waitin' on a Sunny Day

The Promised Land

The Wrestler

Kingdom of Days

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Born to Run

Hard Times

Thunder Road

Jungleland

Land of Hope and Dreams

American Land

Rosalita

Since Tony started talking about Living Proof I`v had a closer look at Human Touch and Lucky Town.. and ehm.. If he had done those two into a ten track album.. well, it would have been a very good album even by "Bruce-standard".. If he had gotten the production right it would have been a classic, the songs are there..

Edited by Jens Wildman

1) Human Touch

2) Lucky Town

3) Light of Day (way did he leave it out?)

4) Leap Of Faith

5) If I Should Fall Behind

6) Living Proof

7) Better Days

8)

9) I wish I Where Blind

10)

The production obviously needs fixing here and there.

I added two good versions (will add more when I have time), just listen to how good Real World is when it`s stripped down.. and Souls of departed when it`s raw and gritty with a slightly different, but waaaaaaaay better arrangement :(

Edited by Jens Wildman

I was at the opener last night of his 2 New Jersey shows. My 12th Springsteen gig, the first being way back on July 3, 1985 at his first Wembley Stadium show. All Bruce shows are great, and last night was definitely in that category, but I must say it was one of the least mind-blowing of the ones I've been lucky enough to see. A good warmup to June 27 though...

I was planning on trying to go to the second NJ show on Saturday, but Bruce personally sprung a surprise announcement (altho it had been leaked earlier in the day on Backstreets) at the onset of the encore in saying that they were coming back to do a 3 night run at Giants Stadium, which is the big football stadium (where Ireland bt Italy 1-0 in WCup 94!!!) at the Meadowlands in NJ, the final shows ever there as they're knocking it down for a new stadium next door...so, I thought i'd save my money for those...Glastonbury and then these! so, at least 2 more Bruce shows on the cards for me in '09

Also, I noticed that the tour tshirts didn't mention Glastonbury. It goes from Manchester TN (Bonnaroo) to London to Bern, no Glasto... it would be nice to have a special Glasto Bruce shirt. hope some of the bootleg shirt sellers come up with a good one for a fiver or tenner.

Here was the setlist. I see that Jens already put this out, but I think Jens missed the 'special request' cover that they played (see halfway down in setlist)

He came on right at 830pm, finished at 1118pm...2 hrs 48 mins...

Badlands [this seems to be the standard tour opener. Great choice really]

Adam Raised a Cain

Outlaw Pete: [i worry about how this is going to go down at the Pyramid...I really want Boss newbies to get into the set and realize what a great live performer he is. I want him to convert the unconverted. However, the 8 minutes or so of Outlaw Pete has been standard fare as song #3 on this tour and he's stubborn enough that he won’t remove it or play it later on. It won't be dropped and I fear a few of the "I thought I’d give Brucie a go for 20 minutes” types might give up towards the end of this. It's not a great song. It really isn't. I’ve tried many times to get into it, but it’s just never grown on me. He's trying to make it a 21st century Jungleland or something and it’s just not in that class at all. Even in New Jersey, there was a big run to the toilets during this song last night. I stayed through it as I really want to like this song, but I’m not there yet]

Radio Nowhere

She's the One

Working on a Dream [This was cue for me to make my quick toilet break…there was quite a crowd in the men’s room I must say. A lot of talk about how the new album just didn’t do it for a lot of them..this song in particular… shame ]

Seeds

Johnny 99 [done completely different these days with the full band. I loved how he used to do this by himself back in the day live]

The Ghost of Tom Joad [this seems to be a bit of an excuse for Nils to play guitar hero…it was also the one song where New Jerseyians took to their seats]

Raise Your Hand

Growin' Up

I'm Goin' Down

CLUB FOOT [This one was quite a surprise indeed! It was a request…but instead of picking this one from the signs, Bruce said to the New Jersey crowd … “This one goes out to Wooderson on the EFests Forum. I’m on the forum every day, and I saw that he requested this earlier today. wooderson, I'll see you at the EFests World Cup on wednesday!"]

Prove It All Night

Waitin' on a Sunny Day

The Promised Land

The Wrestler

Kingdom of Days

Lonesome Day

The Rising

Born to Run

Encore

Hard Times

Thunder Road [/b[i]][nothing beats a good New Jersey singalong to this one, where all 20,000 seem to know every word]

Jungleland [I was lucky with this one. I haven’t got many Junglelands over the years of seeing Bruce]

Land of Hope and Dreams

American Land

Rosalita [He gave this a special New Jersey feel to it, asking what state we were in, and then saying he couldn’t leave without playing this one]

Thnx for the review..

I only read parts of it since I skip all information regarding standard songs from set list.. want to make my own opinion about them when I hear them live..

Well.. I think he will do something real special for glasto so.. would`nt worry about that.. We now allready have a Wooderson slot in the set list, so it will be very uniq no matter what.. Wooderson must be thrilled :D

Did you have seats or a good spot on the floor?

Edited by Jens Wildman

Thnx for the review..

I only read parts of it since I skip all information regarding standard songs from set list.. want to make my own opinion about them when I hear them live..

Well.. I think he will do something real special for glasto so.. would`nt worry about that.. We now allready have a Wooderson slot in the set list, so it will be very uniq no matter what.. Wooderson must be thrilled :D

Did you have seats or a good spot on the floor?

CLUB FOOT [This one was quite a surprise indeed! It was a request…but instead of picking this one from the signs, Bruce said to the New Jersey crowd … “This one goes out to Wooderson on the EFests Forum. I’m on the forum every day, and I saw that he requested this earlier today. wooderson, I'll see you at the EFests World Cup on wednesday!"]