Ticket Sales this year

Guest Fluter

Does anyone think tickets might be easier to get hold of this year due to everyone feeling the pinch at the moment? Or do we expect the usual mad rush for tickets next Friday?

I suppose it depends on the line up but I know quite a few people who are thinking of giving it a miss this year or waiting to nearer the time to see how their funds are.

I usually get tickets for a few of us but think Im going to be selfish and just get them for myself as I cant afford to be waiting for my 'friends' to pay me back. Although I dont want to end up going alone!

Thoughts please

I think it will be same mad rush next Friday, but if you remember last year there was release after release of further tickets right up to the festival (on main sites See and ticketmaster) so I won't worry about not being able to get tickets...

I think alot of folk just think f**k it as so miserable climate at times its nice to have some fun - I don't feel gig or festie sales will see massive damage straight away

Does anyone think tickets might be easier to get hold of this year due to everyone feeling the pinch at the moment? Or do we expect the usual mad rush for tickets next Friday?

I suppose it depends on the line up but I know quite a few people who are thinking of giving it a miss this year or waiting to nearer the time to see how their funds are.

I usually get tickets for a few of us but think Im going to be selfish and just get them for myself as I cant afford to be waiting for my 'friends' to pay me back. Although I dont want to end up going alone!

Thoughts please

Not sure who else does this, But a local travel firm to me pre orders enough tickets to fill 2 coaches every year. They let us pay a deposit (£75.00) and the balance isn't due till june. I have already booked mine and a friends. This also includes return travel too. worth looking into i think

Not sure who else does this, But a local travel firm to me pre orders enough tickets to fill 2 coaches every year. They let us pay a deposit (£75.00) and the balance isn't due till june. I have already booked mine and a friends. This also includes return travel too. worth looking into i think

The first batch will unquestionably sell out.

Officially it will unquestionably be a sell-out.

Can't speak for Staffordshire, but for Chelmsford they probably won't do (or will do but won't fill) the campsite that lets you buy two day tickets, pay extra and then camp.

This wasnt an option last year as they moved the site around and yellow was in Montpellier Farm. only official camping was allowed there, you couldnt book the camping seperately like previous years. Id imagine its going to be the same this year. Allthough Im hoping they swap the stages back round again. Main stage just didnt work last year.

Can you imagine if V organisers went bump with all our money.

I think the pending credit crunch did have an impact on ticket sales last year as 2007 sold out completly and 2008 you could still buy them up until the last minute, I think this year will be allot worse, especailly with head liners being the same as only a few year's back.

On the other hand with the price of the Euro more people will be wanting to stay at home and not spend their money on European festivals. More people may travel here for a Festival.