NME AWARDS TOUR

Guest danny12345

I've just been reading the White Lies thread and am hoping they make an appearance but how about the rest of the NME line-up? Would love to see Glasvegas (one of the top 2 albums of last year imo alongside Late Of The Pier) and Friendly Fires and I think Florence & The Machine are all but confirmed. For anybody who went to the tour, were the bands good enough for you to check em out again?

Went to this at brixton last night. All put in decent enough performances but Florence and the machine were the most impressive I thought. She has an amazing voice and great presence on the stage. It all just worked really well live.

White lies were a bit "meh", only lifted when Florence came on to sing for one of their songs. Just had the feeling that I'd heard it all before and done better. They've got a couple of decent songs but the rest is a bit dull

Friendly fires were good. Florence joined them for a song as well which again got the crowd going. I'd go see them again as I had the feeling the live thing for them was still a bit work in progress. They will definitely get better at it I reckon

Glasvegas put on a very polished performance. Everyone enjoyed a bit of a sing along.

So I'd happily watch all of them again except for White Lies and if I had to pick one it would definitely be Florence and The Machine. She was the highlight of the night for me and from the few random chats I had others agreed too.

Went to this at brixton last night. All put in decent enough performances but Florence and the machine were the most impressive I thought. She has an amazing voice and great presence on the stage. It all just worked really well live.

White lies were a bit "meh", only lifted when Florence came on to sing for one of their songs. Just had the feeling that I'd heard it all before and done better. They've got a couple of decent songs but the rest is a bit dull

Friendly fires were good. Florence joined them for a song as well which again got the crowd going. I'd go see them again as I had the feeling the live thing for them was still a bit work in progress. They will definitely get better at it I reckon

Glasvegas put on a very polished performance. Everyone enjoyed a bit of a sing along.

So I'd happily watch all of them again except for White Lies and if I had to pick one it would definitely be Florence and The Machine. She was the highlight of the night for me and from the few random chats I had others agreed too.

I was there last night and agree completely. Florence was great, white lies were disapoointing ( alright on the album, but live they didn't really cut it, bit too much of an editors tribute band!), friendly fires got the crowd going, and glasvegas seemed to be a bit off musically (notes missed and drum beats missed), but didn't really effect the singalong vibe! Still waiting or a we are the world singalong at the end of one of these tours!

Would deinitely seeFlorence at Glasto, think she'd do a great job. Friendly Fires in the John Peel maybe? Not sure where glasvegas would play, too big for any o the tents, and not big enough or an after dark slot on the main stages, which I'm sure they'd want.....

i went to manchester show, but was late so missed florence and the machine only caught half of white lies.

thought they were completely average from what i saw though. got bored and went ot the bar!

thought friendly fires were brilliant, would be good in JP i reckon.

and glasvegas were great, good singalongs. and they were better than when i saw them in the queens head last year.

wouldn't mind seeing any of them at glasto next year. well, apart from white lies and think they will all be there.

I went to the Nottingham gig a couple of weeks ago...

Missed Florence but heard good things.... White Lies absolutely stole the show... they're not really my thing but their sound was much much better than the other acts on that night... Friendly Fires and Glasvegas both enjoyable but not firing on all cylinders I'd say..

Sean