WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of rain, maybe on the friday doesn't hurt, as long as things have enough time to dry out so you can continue on with your festival.

Does anybody remember years gone by where they had to wet the paths because of all the dust been chucked up when it was too dry? I'm sure that was Glasto, may have been another fest tho...

A bit of rain, maybe on the friday doesn't hurt, as long as things have enough time to dry out so you can continue on with your festival.

Does anybody remember years gone by where they had to wet the paths because of all the dust been chucked up when it was too dry? I'm sure that was Glasto, may have been another fest tho...

Look everyone, it is obviously going to rain at some point, no one has a clue when but it will.

It probably won't be a mudbath but bring wellies and expect a least one shower.

The forecasts are pretty much the same as last year, and last year was fine for me.

There you go, no blind optimism or pessimism, just what's likely to happen.

The saving graces last year were these:

1) It rained the heaviest overnight so there weren't that many people tramping around to create a mudbath

2) It rained lightly on the Friday

3) When the sun finally came out it baked the ground quick fast so it was OK to sit on the ground within a few hours.

Look everyone, it is obviously going to rain at some point, no one has a clue when but it will.

It probably won't be a mudbath but bring wellies and expect a least one shower.

The forecasts are pretty much the same as last year, and last year was fine for me.

There you go, no blind optimism or pessimism, just what's likely to happen.

oh i just can't handle the stress!!

Local update - i'm in Bristol and it's currently VERY humid out there. Overcast with no immediate looking threat of rain, but the humidness worries me as it backs up the mention of thunderstorms.

Lovely and warm though :)

also just to keep metchecks random weather generating site in perspective its presently telling me its raining where i am ( 4.1mm) and its doesnt remotley look like its about to rain here :)

the weather will just do as it pleases!! :)

I have only been in 2005 & 2007 so mud is always on my mind.

One good weather memory in 2005 I had just arrived on the Friday morning, done all the walking camping stuff and collapsed with a beer and family on the green grass hill in front of Pyramid stage, sun was out, I think Elbow were playing (??) and I thought I was in heaven.

Would be great to find some soft dry green grass this year. Think I will.