Camping

Guest YouWhat

Ok, you asked for it :D

/index.php?showtopic=80617">UBER THREAD!

Obviously that list is only a guide so it depends on what sort of comfort level and how much you want to drag/lift. Have you ever done a festival before? The reason I ask is that you will know the basics if you have, if you have't then I will drag out my personal list that I take (it's saved somewhere!), obviously adjustments for yourself to be made!

As for self-infalting matress' they are awesome. I have the outwell one (about £20.00) and after years of really uncomfortable cold nights sleeping on an airbed I bought one of these last year and I slept like a log! they are really comfy, take about 6 big breaths the achieve maximum inflation and you don't feel the cold. I will never go back to airbeds again!

Ok, you asked for it :D

/index.php?showtopic=80617">UBER THREAD!

Obviously that list is only a guide so it depends on what sort of comfort level and how much you want to drag/lift. Have you ever done a festival before? The reason I ask is that you will know the basics if you have, if you have't then I will drag out my personal list that I take (it's saved somewhere!), obviously adjustments for yourself to be made!

As for self-infalting matress' they are awesome. I have the outwell one (about £20.00) and after years of really uncomfortable cold nights sleeping on an airbed I bought one of these last year and I slept like a log! they are really comfy, take about 6 big breaths the achieve maximum inflation and you don't feel the cold. I will never go back to airbeds again!

Edited by DaveMac

clothes/babywipes/alcohol/stash/money

along with what you mentioned...torch isnt even that useful really, i've managed many festival without one but it does have its uses.

ignore the self inflating mattress, after like 20 hours of walking/drinking/dancing and what not if you have trouble sleeping on the floor there is something wrong with you :D

Rubber tent pegs, sky hooks, breadcrumbs ( incase you get lost on your way back to the tent ) and 1 of those whistle thingys that are attached to the end of your keys so that if you lose them alls you have to do is whistle a few times and hey presto. Oh and a plenty of loose change for the monorail as they NEVER BLIMMIN HAVE ANY!!! :D

Seconded !!

These are really good ! I have one of those £20 outwell self inflating matresses too which I have been using since my more expensive thermarest one got a leak ( which I ought to fix :lol: ).

Anyway they are easy to carry, warm and very comfortable to sleep on - much better than an ordinary airbed.

Definately recommended item for camping at Glastonbury (or any other Festival) :ph34r:

Can you switch solar powered fairy lights on and off? There are 11metre lengths on ebya for £11.99 that look pretty - but do you have to have them on all night?

I thought Lucy's list was good - also the list below was pretty funny, including meths and beta blockers!

Edited by Josie's Cat

I also have the outwell self inflating double matress it is ace, however i have had trouble deflating it after use and getting it back into it's wee bag. Any tips?

Can you switch solar powered fairy lights on and off? There are 11metre lengths on ebya for £11.99 that look pretty - but do you have to have them on all night?

I thought Lucy's list was good - also the list below was pretty funny, including meths and beta blockers!

All I do with the Outwell self-inflating matress when I'm deflating it is to keep it on the floor of my tent & open its valve (obviously) then with valve at far end to me I kneel over the matress with my knees resting on the curled up portion as I gradually roll it up. With my weight on it most of the air is expelled.

At the end when the bag is rolled up tightly I reclose the valve and it is ready to slip into its little bag.

Works every time for me and I do it this way automatically nowadays. Just takes a minute or two to complete.

Hope these basic instructions make some sense to you .... Good luck anyway :)

Fairy lights

There you go xxTinkerbellxx hope that helps, they sell oads of different types actually, multi coloured and all sorts!

yeah, I wondered about the on and off thing. They would annoy me around the tent all the time, but would be good to be able to switch them on and off. I thought if the solar cell charged up it would be like a battery, with an on and off switch.

Edited by Josie's Cat

All I do with the Outwell self-inflating matress when I'm deflating it is to keep it on the floor of my tent & open its valve (obviously) then with valve at far end to me I kneel over the matress with my knees resting on the curled up portion as I gradually roll it up. With my weight on it most of the air is expelled.

At the end when the bag is rolled up tightly I reclose the valve and it is ready to slip into its little bag.

Works every time for me and I do it this way automatically nowadays. Just takes a minute or two to complete.

Hope these basic instructions make some sense to you .... Good luck anyway :)

This is exactly how I do it. I only ever have it rolled up when I am taking it somewhere, the rest of the time i.e. when it is being stored I actually keep it inflated. this is the advice I was given.