Pregnant but still want to be at this years glastonbury!

Guest Jint_Eye

Was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice as to what to do. Im really looking forward to this years festival but by the time june comes around i'll be 7months pregnant.

Has anybody else been when they've been pregnant? Is it still a good idea for me to go?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

There was a lady on the 2004 Glastonbury proggy who was explaining that she had her daughter under a tree at Glasto, she still takes her daughter ( who is now a teenager ) there to this day .. My advice to u is do what you feel is comfortable. There will be medics on hand should you go into premature labour. Just take it easy and eat well B)

I'm not (nor even been) pregnant but I know there's a section in the guidebook that asks expectant mothers to drop in to the Medical Centre to let them know so they're aware of who's onsite how far along they are etc. I imagine there's stuff going on in the Green Fields area for pregnant ladies too.

I think the biggest problem would be comfort that far along. If it's a wet and muddy one (which it won't be!) then there's not many places to sit and it will be difficult gtting around the site. There's a lot of walking involved every day. Plus you might want to think about how you're going to sleep and what would be best for both of you.

I do hope you decide to go though cos it's such an excellent place to be and I've seen lots of pregnant ladies at Glasto so you won't be alone.

Was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice as to what to do. Im really looking forward to this years festival but by the time june comes around i'll be 7months pregnant.

Has anybody else been when they've been pregnant? Is it still a good idea for me to go?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hi I went in 2003 when I was 9 months pregnant and yes I went into Labour (inevitably) on the friday afternoon and had my son at a local hospital the following morning. The medical service supplied by festival medical services www.festival-medical.co.uk is excellent. I should know, I work for them!

I would suggest that on arrival you head up to the main medical centre at Ivy Mead - the one by the farmhouse to let the medical staff know that you are on site.

The reality about Glastonbury is that it's really tiring and so is being pregnant so don't expect to do too much would be my advice. Take it easy and eat safely, you don't want to get ill from dodgy food. I made sure that i took a proper blow up mattress and duvets plus pillows as well as roomy wellies because your feet will swell. It might be a good idea to camp in family camping so you have more chance of getting a good nights sleep. Don't be put off going though as medical care is more easily accessible at Glastonbury than almost anywhere else. Good luck and enjoy yourself!

Hi I went in 2003 when I was 9 months pregnant and yes I went into Labour (inevitably) on the friday afternoon and had my son at a local hospital the following morning. The medical service supplied by festival medical services www.festival-medical.co.uk is excellent. I should know, I work for them!

I would suggest that on arrival you head up to the main medical centre at Ivy Mead - the one by the farmhouse to let the medical staff know that you are on site.

The reality about Glastonbury is that it's really tiring and so is being pregnant so don't expect to do too much would be my advice. Take it easy and eat safely, you don't want to get ill from dodgy food. I made sure that i took a proper blow up mattress and duvets plus pillows as well as roomy wellies because your feet will swell. It might be a good idea to camp in family camping so you have more chance of getting a good nights sleep. Don't be put off going though as medical care is more easily accessible at Glastonbury than almost anywhere else. Good luck and enjoy yourself!

Hi! I was 7 months pregnant in 1998 (one of the muddiest years) and 6 months pregnant in 1995 (the hottest year) and neither were a problem at all. Though I was pretty young and fit in those days!

The good thing about going at that time is you'll be in the 'blooming' stage; past morning sickness and not yet too heavy to move! You'll also be looking pregnant, rather than just a bit fat; so you can pull off the perfect Glasto earth mother look!!

I found everyone was so kind - carrying things for me and basically being nice. You may want to take the comfiest airbed you can afford, and go to the loo whenever you pass one, so you're not suddenly desperate when there's a huge queue!

There is no reason at all really why you should avoid going. Just have fun - and make the most of others carrying the heavy stuff for you.

Hi I will be 6 months pregnant then as well and am still in two minds! I found out the day after I paid for my ticket in full.

Am going with 5 friends (including DH) and I know they will all want to go completely wild (especially as DH couldnt go last year as he messed up his holidays at work)

I'm gutted to think I could be sitting at home watching it on telly (given the line up rumours) but I feel as though I would be holding everyone back IYKWIM?

Although not pregnant I am the one holding people back in my group so I tend to be base camp for part of the day apon looking at the rough guide for the day I pick a spot where most of us want to be at some point druing the day and set up there (we have a 8 year old too so this envolves bits for her, drinks, chairs, blankets jumpers etc etc, and people come visit me when they are wanting something or coming to see a band and then I may go off for a wander or we will change the area of the base etc, etc, beats being at home especially if its a good one!

Hi I will be 6 months pregnant then as well and am still in two minds! I found out the day after I paid for my ticket in full.

Am going with 5 friends (including DH) and I know they will all want to go completely wild (especially as DH couldnt go last year as he messed up his holidays at work)

I'm gutted to think I could be sitting at home watching it on telly (given the line up rumours) but I feel as though I would be holding everyone back IYKWIM?

I'm pregnant too and will be six months by the time Glastonbury comes round. I really want to go but everyone seems to be trying to talk me out of it. I intend to camp in family camping and arrive Weds morning...the worst thing is that my employer, despite me having booked approved holiday on the Wednesday is trying to stop me going. I really want to go on the Wednesday so that I get into family camping!

I'm pregnant too and will be six months by the time Glastonbury comes round. I really want to go but everyone seems to be trying to talk me out of it. I intend to camp in family camping and arrive Weds morning...the worst thing is that my employer, despite me having booked approved holiday on the Wednesday is trying to stop me going. I really want to go on the Wednesday so that I get into family camping!

• 4 weeks later...

Spurred on by everyones encouragement I have booked V festival tickets as well. I will be 9 months pregnant then!

Crikey! Well, 7 months I would do, but 9 months I wouldn't cos I know I wouldn't enjoy it; 9 months is waaay too fat to go anywhere, plus I would hate to have waters break in the middle of a V fest crowd!!

But yeah, why not go to Glasto? Sure it will be fine, you don't HAVE to walk miles all the time, you can chill at the tent or just pick an area and veg there for the day if it's sunny.

On a side note, I wonder how many babies have been conceived at Glastonbury?!

Hi everyone, I'm in a similar position!! Will be 32 weeks (7 or so months) pregnant!

Going to give it a go, going with DP & some friends who we've been with for the past couple of years. I know they will all want to drink and be a bit more fast paced than I will be though.. so thinking I might spend some time just sitting around in the Greenfields and Jazz world watching music n taking it easy.

Biggest worry at the moment is the toilets, especially as I have had a huuuuuge increase in sense of smell since pregnant. Ohh also the weather.. will blatently either be a boiling hot or muddy one!!

Maybe we should have a pregnant ladies meet?! :P

I met a bloke with his 2 year old daughter at the bus station at Cambridge folk festival a couple of years ago, whose wife had just gone into premature labour in the middle of the festival. The little girl proudly told me that they had just been to see her new little brother!

He said that it was just one of those things - nothing to do with the festival, that getting the right medical help had been no problem, and that the baby would be fine.

However - he also said they now needed to stay in Cambridge till their premature baby would be well enough to be moved, and that wasn't an expense they'd accounted for. It was an issue I'd never thought of in terms of an early labour at a festival. Still - I suppose you find the money from somewhere and get on with it!

My girlfriend will be 6 months pregnant at this years Glastonbury.

Our plan is to get in to the family camping area, much more space and quieter. I will also be taking my inflatable double mattress and pillows, and maybe a duvet to make it as comfortable as possible. Taking hygiene supplies will be a must, toilet paper and wet wipes and hygienic hand wash etc (same as usual really). Also we will make sure we have plenty of water and snacky food, taking some with us or just stocking up from one of the general stores. We usually take three legged stools, but I am thinking of getting at least one portable chair, because getting tired will be a big issue so being able to sit down is a must (she might get tired and need to sit down too, heh).

Does anyone know if they always allow pregnant campers in the family field? We don't really fancy having to camp in crowded areas and risk tripping over guy ropes and stuff.

If anyone else in the same boat wants to meet up and form a sober camp get in touch!

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone, I'm in a similar position!! Will be 32 weeks (7 or so months) pregnant!

Going to give it a go, going with DP & some friends who we've been with for the past couple of years. I know they will all want to drink and be a bit more fast paced than I will be though.. so thinking I might spend some time just sitting around in the Greenfields and Jazz world watching music n taking it easy.

Biggest worry at the moment is the toilets, especially as I have had a huuuuuge increase in sense of smell since pregnant. Ohh also the weather.. will blatently either be a boiling hot or muddy one!!

Maybe we should have a pregnant ladies meet?! :huh: