A 'big surprise' and change in fallow year?

Guest marktea

Would it be possible for Acrtic Monkeys to do Reading and Glasto?

Personaly I dont buy it being them for the 4th headliner. He makes it sound like a bigger band, a 'surprise' and hes happy no one has thought of it. It just doesn't sound like he's describing Arctic Monkeys. Their new album is apparently out in '6 months' (according to an interview in austrailia) which is July, therfore their new album wouldn't be out in time for glasto. I just dont think it's them.

very true, but my point is that they wont have had any new material actualy released since the last time they played Glasto. Doesn't mean they can't but I dont see why they would, esspecialy if its to take second place.

Would it be possible for Acrtic Monkeys to do Reading and Glasto?

yup. Glasto isn't bothered about having a band as an exclusive, and although I'm sure Reading would prefer to, sometimes it's just not possible. Pragmatism would have to kick in somewhere.

Personaly I dont buy it being them for the 4th headliner. He makes it sound like a bigger band, a 'surprise' and hes happy no one has thought of it. It just doesn't sound like he's describing Arctic Monkeys. Their new album is apparently out in '6 months' (according to an interview in austrailia) which is July, therfore their new album wouldn't be out in time for glasto. I just dont think it's them.

i reckon the 4th band will be a new-ish band. Outside of Kaiser Chiefs (who seem to be pretty certain as playing, and were mentioned along with the other three by Holy Moly), there's a real shortage of possibilities from the UK. On that basis, Arctics make perfect sense.

Edited by eFestivals

Keane maybe? Newish, popular, played in previous years with some success.

Elbow? A longshot perhaps, but on top of 2 brit nominations and a mercury prize anything is possible.

Morrissey? Popular with young audience but a big name act.

The Prodigy? More likely other stage, but they draw a young audience.

If Kaiser Cheifs play it will be under Fran ferdinand like at Reading 3 years ago I should say.

Keane maybe? Newish, popular, played in previous years with some success.

Elbow? A longshot perhaps, but on top of 2 brit nominations and a mercury prize anything is possible.

Morrissey? Popular with young audience but a big name act.

The Prodigy? More likely other stage, but they draw a young audience.

If Kaiser Cheifs play it will be under Fran ferdinand like at Reading 3 years ago I should say.

I would imagine that there a quite a few "new big bands" who would quite happily support a legend like Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen.

wishful thinking but Radiohead before Neil Young - Thom has played the bridge benifit concert .

Edited by 81020xegw

I would imagine that there a quite a few "new big bands" who would quite hppily support a legend like Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen.

wishful thinking but Radiohead before Neil Young - Thom has played the bridge benifit concert .

It's the Stone Roses I tell thee!!!

Ok I know Ian Brown has made some pretty clear statements about this before but this might not be completely out of the question for the following reasons:

IB is the only sticking point (yes I know potentially a big one) as the rest of the band seem ready to do it.

Here's hoping :rolleyes:

I hope people realise that Neil Young isn't American, he's Canadian.

So technically, if ME say's that there are 2 American headliners and 2 British that means that Neil Young can't be a headliner.

That said, people always seem to think that NY is American so it could just be a mistake.

If Eavis had said a canadian it would have been a huge giveaway - he's lived in the US for years so classing him as an american isn't completely wrong.

As for the 4th act - hows about the Faces, reformed, album allegedly made, tour denied but didn't rule out the odd major gig, from the UK, Rod has played before. OK it goes against Neils theory of a newish act but you never know!