Lowlands 2009 FTW

Guest choadus

Reverand and the makers should be ok, not bothered about the rest. There seems to be ALOT of Electro at this festival. wouldnt mind a bit of Pendulum style Drum n Bass and maybe another rock band of caliber! But more importantly.... LOWLANDS IS HERE IN LESS THAN A MONTH and i for one canot wait to enjoy it!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reverand and the makers should be ok, not bothered about the rest. There seems to be ALOT of Electro at this festival. wouldnt mind a bit of Pendulum style Drum n Bass and maybe another rock band of caliber! But more importantly.... LOWLANDS IS HERE IN LESS THAN A MONTH and i for one canot wait to enjoy it!

Yeah, very keyboard-based all round... It's like the britpop of a few years ago, when guitar bands were all over the place (2004 especially, when they had an extra stage just to be able to have all those bands). It's not what I prefer, but there is a lot of nice stuff among those as well (lots to discover), and the stage and performance energy is definitely there...! And there are a lot of guitar acts anyway; seems like we're having a pretty varied programme this year. :unsure:

Oh, latest news: Jenny Lewis has cancelled...

Absolutely! Meet for a few bevies for sure, I have no idea what the site will look like or what any of the landmarks will be however. Does anyone have an old site map or something to give me an idea? Im soooo excited. Its like you say Cherimoonl there's alot of variety and it should be extremely chilled out.

I just wish i could read the info on the dutch site that appears almost every day, why cant they update the English section as well arg!!!

I'm guna be touring europe with mates after the festival and before it I will be monging at amsterdam, love that place!

You can just look up old pictures; they don't change the site too much every year (but from 2007 or 2008 preferably). There is also a yearly special in a Dutch newspaper about Lowlands, which will appear next Thursday. Apart from general info on bands and the festival, this will feature the complete schedule, as well as a map of the festival site. It was available online in pdf format as well last year, so here's hoping they will do that again!

About some recent news:

- 'Into the groove(tube)' is about the Groovetube tent on the festival site. This one has no specific acts, but just djs playing all day long. During daytime, it's mostly for chilling out (they serve cocktails there :unsure: ), but in the evening, they play a lot of urban&related. Quite a cool place, and it's open the longest on the entire site - think it closes only at 5am or so (okay, the Lowlands cafe is open till 10 or 11am or so, but then that's not really on the festival site itself :ph34r: ).

- 'Schiffmacher & friends' is about (famous) tattoo artists that will be at the festival.

- 'Lowlands zingt' says that on Saturday at 1pm in the Alpha tent, there will be some kind of singalong event, where they will be playing all kinds of classic Lowlands songs, with the lyrics displayed on the screens and a number of famous people (probably Dutch?) on stage. Might be fun - if I can be bothered to get out of my tent that early... :)

The rest is mostly about tickets, that newspaper thing, magazines and that kind of stuff.

Hope this helps!

My tickets arrived last week! excited now, Vitalic, Boys Noize, Squarepusher and Optimo are all nice surprises on the lineup for me, also looking forward to bon iver, crystal fighters and drums of death and really looking forward to seeing lots of bands i dont know about too at the weekend.

On another note does anyone have or know of anyone with a spare ticket?? a mate of mine is in desperate need of one, if so send me a pm. Thanks.

See my post(s) above (previous forum page) on how to get tickets last minute!

Edit: additional names: OneTrickPony, Dekmantel Soundsystem, Alberta Cross. I guess the big name that has been promised(?) is not among these ones... :P

Edited by Cheimoon

And there it is - the full schedule online!

http://www.lowlands.nl/blokkenschema.php

Pretty good for me, apart from a few instances of overlap. Nothing dramatic though. Seems it'll be quite a relaxed Lowlands for me this time! Oh, also, looks like pretty much all spots have been filled up, so forget about those ten extra bands and the 'big name'... Only gap left that I can see is in the Grolsch on Saturday between 5 and 6.

Was guna say i doubt there'l be any more announcements now the time table is out. Still plenty to see

Although im a bit miffed by the Friday crossovers

White Lies, Delain and La Roux all hitting each other. Looks like I might have to miss one of the last two...

and shame that Kassabian and Prod run over a bit.

Sunday is guna be sweet tho and im extatic that Huratron have an evening slot!

Bit slow on Saturday, but will be good to enjoy a bit of a chill. Shame the only metal band i will probably actually get to see is Sonata Arctica, but hey never mind!

I found one selling on ebay atm for £150, might be worth a shot: here

I'm also curious about The Gaslamp Killer; I heard a lot of good stuff about him, and being programmed at 3:30am on Friday, he doesn't really clash with anyone. :)

Last Thursday's festival magazine has also been put online in full now; see http://www.livexs.nl/media/lowlands_programmakrant_2009.php. I know, all in Dutch, so not that helpful, but there's a festival map on page 35. And the texts are just about bands and acts anyway. There was also a video of some kind of tour of the festival grounds last year, but I can't find that... Anyway, for an impression of the Cape Lowlands part, check

(although they've swapped the Lima with the X-Ray this year).

Okay, now I've been spamming this thread enough, I think. :lol:

There's nothing bad about them; they're just further away; it's about 10-15 mins. walking from C6 to the 'real' entrance (depending on where you are, of course). And C7 is only for campervans. But I will be at C6 anyway: much quieter people there, and because C1-C4 are quite close to the 24 hours tent (well, 'Lowlands Café', these days), there's always a dull beat thumping in the background there. I'd rather walk a bit further every day. It's also easier to find a spot on C6 on Thursday (C5 normally opens only on Friday morning), cause less people go there. So hence. :lol:

Campsites open on 18h on Thursday, and close at noon on Monday.

So Does the Supermarket in lowlands sell camping gas burners as we want to get one for cookign food as we wont be able to get one through uk borders aparently.

Also are you allowed to take booze in to the arena or is it a case of taking boxes of booze or small bottles> thinking of a hip flask!

Similarly, I hear something about a morning coffee service happening, any idea if that's still goin?

PEace. X

So Cheimoon, when you say that you can bring drinks into the "festival grounds", do you mean you can bring alcohol onto the festival site? I know that you can bring 8 litres onto the camping site, as long as it's in plastic bottles, so are you also saying you can bring alcohol through the entrance and into the actual festival, as long as it's also in plastic cups or bottles?